Slider

Friday Favorites!

Friday, August 4, 2017

Happy Friday, y'all!  I'm headed back to school today to a day full of meetings and a day without any type of nap ha!  I normally spend the week before school starts getting my body back into my normal school routine--bed before 10 and up around 6 (although during school I'm up way before 6).  That didn't happen at all this week, so I know today will be an adjustment.

Since today is Friday, I'm sharing a few of my FAVORITES with you!

 I shared this recipe yesterday and it's really so, so good!  I love Mexican food, but I don't love eating at Mexican restaurants...if that makes sense.  I can make Mexican food so much healthier at home and not be tempted by the bottomless baskets of chips and salsa.  Add this recipe to your rotation because it's full of so many different protein sources that it'll keep you full for a long time!



 I snagged this green smoothie recipe off of IG stories the other day.  I haven't made it yet because I've got to order more protein powder, but I'll update y'all when I do.  It looks really good since it'll have the vanilla flavored protein powder and I would be using vanilla almond milk, too.



 I ran hardly any this summer, so yesterday I ran outside to try to acclimate my body to running in the heat again.  It was rough.  It's hard knowing how far you used to be able to run (3 miles was considered an easy run) and then running 1 mile feels like it's going to kill you.



Anyone else love this skirt as much as I do?!  I would pair a chambray shirt with it or a cute v-neck tee and wear it with my favorite wedges!  (I would link the skirt but JCrew's site is having issues at the moment!)


Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Bloglovin!




Linking up with Erika, Christine, and Amanda

17 comments:

  1. CUTE skirt and I can totally see you wearing it!! #cutestteacherever!!!!! Good luck back at school and may this weekend treat you right!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy friday and first day back! I hope you are easing back into school. Ive got those enchiladas on my list to make next week! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck back to work today! In Tennessee, we always start back to school stuff on a Friday (for teachers and then the following week for students). I LOVE it because it knocked out that first crazy day and then we all recovered over the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was our first year doing it and it was different but not that bad! Good luck in your new school year!

      Delete
  4. Good luck today! When do your students officially start?

    I feel ya with running -- I started running again this summer and it is so humbling at first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck being back today friend!! LOVE the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh - those enchiladas - I'm craving mexican now at 8am! I can't believe it's time for back to school already - good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a great first day back! I can't even believe it's school time already. This heat is no joke working out outside. I've been breaking a major sweat on my walks even!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That green smoothie looks really good! And they are right... it's soooo green! The ones I make never come out that green!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that skirt (& the entire outfit that you mentioned, actually), it gives me total teacher vibes & makes me miss not being in the classroom this year to have an excuse to buy clothes like that!

    xoxo, SS

    Southern and Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Running in the heat is no joke!!! It definitely takes a bit to acclimated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! That's why I really prefer cold weather running!

      Delete
  11. I love that skirt. I love the length of it. I try really hard to not deviate from my school schedule too much during the summer but I have been staying up until 12 watching Friends and then sleeping in lately...AHHHH. I need to fix that. And YES to the naps, sorry you missed out on one yesterday. Naps in the summer are a teacher's dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute skirt! And those enchiladas sound so good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please post pic if you get that skirt! I didn't love it on site but in store was better! Good luck b2s!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan