Thursday, June 8, 2017

Sense of Sarah: My Summer Staples


Summer is my second favorite season of the year...right behind Christmas time!  My #1 reason for loving summer is being out of school and being able to make my own schedule.  What I don't love about summer in Alabama is the scorching temperatures and really high humidity.  Because of those things, I like to think I have a sort of summer survival kit for the South.

And if you'll notice, I do need help finding the best brand of tinted sunscreen because I am not a make up wearer during the summer unless I absolutely have to be!

To see my other Sense of Sarah posts, click here!

1. cami-- If I'm going out somewhere and dressing nice, I'm putting on a cute chiffon cami.  I do not like wearing heavy fabrics because I am not a fan of sweating at all.

2. dress-- I love wearing dresses in the summer because they are so light and breezy!  Throw on a simple dress with some flip flops or sandals and you've got a cute outfit that's also really comfortable.

3. shorts-- When I'm hanging out around the house or running quick errands, I live in these running shorts.  I'm embarrassed to admit how many pairs I own....but they are super comfortable!

4. workout tank-- I've already shared my love of this tank and the fact that I own 2 of them, but it's the lightest, breeziest workout tank I've ever owned.  I sized up to have it really flowy and I'm glad I did that.

5. brilliant spray-- Spraying this in my hair before I brush it after I get out of the shower keeps my hair protected and from frizzing in the humidity.  It's like an adult detangler that also helps frizz!

6. flip flops-- I feel like I'm in high school again wearing these but whatever...they're my favorite 😂

7. books-- Summer is the perfect time for really easy reads!  I've read a lot of Elin Hilderbrand books since Shay posts about them.  I don't know if I've found one of her books that I didn't like!  I read one of her books on the way back from the beach a few days ago and I'll be sharing about it at the end of the month.


Linking up with Annie and Emily for Girl Chat

19 comments:

  1. I love the back of that cami - it's just such a cute and simple top! And that dress looks like it would be perfect for summer - loose and flowy! I would try that Clinique city block that Shay raves about. When I had terrible skin, my derm always recommended that brand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these staples! I need to try that spray for my hair. I have the works work tangles after I get out of the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the BeautyCounter tinted spf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fortunately the weather lately has been AH-MAZE, riiiight?? We spentbALL yesterday outside. But yes, I know I'm going to be sticky and cranky soon!! Totally agree on your summer loves. Also, I use Jan Marini tinted moisturizer on my face (and have done so for years after having it applied post-facial at a Scottsdale spa). A bit pricey and I have to order it via Amazon but I ❤️ It!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this list-and totally agree, flowy and light is SO necessary on those hot and humid days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried rainbows, though my husband has a pair that he loves, and they look so comfortable! I think the only Hildebrand book I've read was from her winter series, so I should definitely pick one up for the summer! Do you have a favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started using this one - Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin CC Cream - because I heard it was a dupe of the IT cosmetics cc cream. I really like it. I also saw a you tube video saying this one was really good - Australian Gold Botanical Sunscreen SPF 50 Tinted Face Mineral Lotion. I have used the Australian Gold regular sunscreen and it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those flip flops too! Oh and the cheap ones from Old Navy haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All great essentials! I want to get some camis like that once I hit a new weight goal. My aunt is an aesthetician and has a tinted sunscreen she swears by. I'm going there to get a facial today and will take a picture and send it to you. It's SO good! I am using up my IT cc cream that has sunscreen in it which I love but still gets shiny and then I'm switching to the one she recommends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Books, flips and sunscreen. The best summer staples.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many great summer staples! I need to check out that brilliant spray because my hair is already getting frizzy :/
    Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  12. The amount of Nike running shorts I have is slightly embarrassing as well, but they are perfect for running around in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Does that hair stuff really work? My hair frizz is the WORST!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just finished The Rumor on our weekend getaway too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have super frizzy hair so I think I'm going to try that spray!! Such a great round up!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl I'm right there with you on no makeup during the summer! Also, I love those Nike shorts!! I have way too many pairs to count. They are part of my summer days uniform!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've sold me on that strappy chiffon cami. I could definitely use a lighter layering piece this season! Love your choices for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the idea of that brilliant spray. Definitely need to invest in that. Love the tanks too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sarah if you have a favorite moisturizer just mix it with a little foundation...I started doing that a few weeks back and have been so happy with the results

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...