Slider

Girl Chat: Valentine's Day Plans

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Happy Thursday, y'all!  I'm excited to be linking up with my friend Emily and a bunch of her friends for Girl Chat today!

Since Valentine's Day is next week, we're talking about our Valentine's Day plans.  And if you missed yesterday, I shared how Dustin and I make our marriage work.




I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day.  I feel like it's a commercialized holiday, and really aimed at selling a whole bunch of candy--which I definitely don't need!



This year our Valentine's plans will be little different since V-day is on a school night and a day that Dustin works.  (If he works, then he doesn't get home until after 6.)  On Valentine's Day I'll cook us a nice (healthy) supper, and maybe we'll watch a movie later that night.  We always exchange small gifts that day, too.

We had thought about going away this weekend for a short trip, but we've decided to push it back to my spring break week in hopes that weather is a little nicer.



Then on the 15th, we'll go out to eat somewhere nice and that will be our "Valentine's" fancy dinner out.



What are your plans for Valentine's Day?



Also linking up with Annie

15 comments:

  1. As a teacher married to a farmer that works late almost every night, I feel you on the week-night Valentine's day plans! We'll probably just have something that I cook that night & exchange gifts...but then we're heading to Auburn the weekend after and having dinner at Acre, which is my favorite!

    xoxo, SS

    Southern And Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for link up with us!!!! Our plans sounds very similar for the day of! I love the idea of a small getaway, but waiting a bit longer to get some nicer weather is definitely understandable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is traveling for work next week so it's going to be my little guy and I celebrating Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We usually go out to dinner before or after the actual holiday to avoid crowds, but this year due to babysitter availability we'll be going out on the actual date - hopefully it won't be too crazy :) I love a low key Valentine's day! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about the holiday. I've gotten into it more now with the kids, but overall it's a big money maker. Dinner and a movie sounds perfect! Thank you so much for linking up! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've never been big Valentines Day celebrators. We're fairly low-key. I'll cook a special dinner and we'll have a dessert for that night and eventually we'll go on a "nice" date and say it's for Valentines - ha! Some years there's gifts involved, some years there's not. I'd rather get a random "just because" gift or flowers on a random day in May than the pressure of having it all done and ready for the 14th.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good plan to me! I work from home on Tuesday's and Jared is off that day so it worked out perfectly for us this year since that is his birthday too! We have lots of celebrating to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A low key valentine's day is the way to go! I avoid going out on Valentine's day because the crowds are too much! Last year we tried going out on the actual day and there was no place to go! I feel like we ended up with McDonalds hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are doing something very similar. We will order some take out on Valentine's Day and then on Friday (which is our half year anniversary, though we have never celebrated it) we are going to dinner. The crowds are insane and the prices go way up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so hard to celebrate Valentine's Day in the middle of the week, but dinner together at home fits the bill! That's what we'll be doing :) Cheers, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. We do something so similar! It's just so hard to get out when it falls on a weeknight and you have to worry about fighting the crowds. I'd much rather stay in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a great Valentines day! Last year we stayed in and made dinner, this year we are going out! We are celebrating Saturday night though since we live 2.5 hours away from each other!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We always go out before or after, it's way less crowded that way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband thinks Valentine's is silly but loves celebrating every other holiday, I LOVE Valentine's so I'm hosting Galentine's this year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds great! I love little trips so that'll be fun to look forward to one over your spring break. We'll have a fun dinner with the family and I might make some chocolate covered strawberries for us :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan