Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year!

Happy 2017, y'all!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I definitely did--so much that I'm keeping today short and sweet as I enjoy my last day off from school.  Cue the tears as I think about going back to a structured schedule!

 We welcomed our 5th New Year together.  Five years ago, we were only dating and decided to make things "official" a few days after 2012 started.  Literally so crazy to think about haha!  I learned that it's pretty hard for me to hang until after midnight and that I really do enjoy an early bedtime 😊



Yesterday we enjoyed the Wiley family annual New Years Day lunch--pork (I didn't get any), turnip greens, black eyed peas, cornbread, and other fixins'.  I always enjoy this southern tradition with my family, and I know Dustin is glad to get to join in now.


I'll be back tomorrow to share my goals for 2017!

Linking up with Biana 

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Enjoy your last day of break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year beautiful! You two are just the cutest and I just know that 2017 has great things in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same--had to have my black eyed peas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! We too celebrated in Southern style with our pork, black eyed peas, collared greens, and cornbread...one of my favorite new years traditions! I'm too dreading back to the return of a routine when we go back to school on Wednesday...but at least it's a short week!

    xoxo, SS

    Southern And Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep seeing these traditional meals - you need to share the story behind it - this northern girl is confused. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...