Monday, November 14, 2016

Weekend Recap: New Orleans 2016 Vacay!

It's Monday already?!  This three day weekend went by so fast....probably because I spent the whole weekend in New Orleans with my dad and sister!  Yesterday afternoon when I got home, I unpacked, did laundry, cleaned a little, and caught up on a little TV last night before going to bed early.

Friday
 Checked into our hotel and our first stop was Canal Street



 Loving the architecture in New Orleans!



 Then we went to Jackson Square and got to witness our first 2nd line of the weekend!



 Selfie stick pictures = total tourist move







 My #1 request for this trip: Cafe du Monde.  If you've never been there, that must be your first stop!  Beignets were our supper Friday night...pretty good supper, huh?!



 Dad enjoying his first cafe au lait and beignets



Then we took a carriage ride through the French Quarter



 More architecture in the Quarter


Saturday
 We had moped reservations Saturday.  This was my first time to ever drive one and I was so nervous before.  After my first practice lap around the block (I took 2 practice laps ha), I got the hang of it and felt so cool driving through the city!



 Lunch stop at the French Market.  And yes, I'm wearing a Led Zeppelin shirt.  I mean, if you're going to ride a moped around the city, you legitimately have to look cool, right?



 Dad got to ride a different ride since he has a motorcycle endorsement



 And then my pants split on the butt cheek and I had to go the rest of the time with my Patagonia around my waist  #storyofmylife



 I thought this was the most beautiful hotel in the city!  Lots of chandeliers inside and statues outside.  I would have stayed here or The Roosevelt.  Next time!



 Saturday night we went into the Quarter for a Haunted History walking tour.  Lots of info and it was so interesting!  Also our group was hilarious--we had a bachelor party in our group and they were so funny



 The oldest bar--other than the TVs on the inside, the light all comes from candlelight.  And of course, it's supposed to be haunted.  This is Jean Lafitte's bar and he was a pirate so lots of pirate hauntings.



 And this is a house (Lalaurie Mansion) I had visited once while I was in college and visiting NOLA.  Insane story and is really creepy.  Also, Nicolas Cage bought this house, spend millions renovating it, and then spent one night in it and refused to spend anymore nights there.


Sunday:
Ride home.
Apparently PJ's is more popular than Starbucks?!  PJ's was everywhere and I only found one Starbucks.


Have you been to New Orleans before?


Linking up with Biana

14 comments:

  1. How cool is that!!! A dad and sis trip to NOLA!!!! I have never been but heard its s cool place to visit. Crazy about Nicolas Cage and the mansion. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you enjoyed your visit to my city. Yes! NOLA is a special place. Did you get to Magazine Street?
    http://www.uptownacorn.com/p/guide-to-new-orleans.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to go to New Orleans! Sounds like it was really fun spending time with your dad and sister. SO jealous of the beignets. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Orleans is such a fun city and it looks like you took advantage of all of your time there! :)Beignets for dinner is never a bad thing either haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Selfie sticks are the best for when you guys want a group photo!! We had a great a time in new orleans and I'm with you the architecture is gorgeous!! So glad you had a great time! xo, biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had such a fun trip down to New Orleans! I love that y'all rented some mopeds to ride around the city - looks like a fun way to see the town :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT a fun trip! So exciting! I've always wanted to try beignets. We've been to NOLA twice and I never did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet that the three of you did this trip together - it looks like you had the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so dang cute in ALL of these pics! Your hair cut and color with those glasses is just perfect! What a fun father daughter trip. I would kill for Cafe de Monde right now. We haven't been in years!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun trip!! Nothing better than beignets. I've never been to New Orleans, but you can bet that Cafe de Monde is on my wish list when we do make it there. I love those things!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was so much fun to read! I absolutely love reading travel recaps. New Orleans is on my bucket list FOR SURE, as are many other places in the south...I've never been!! I read that story about the creepy old mansion and now I can't stop thinking about it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a super fun weekend! Awesome to spend some time with your dad and sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh. My. Goodness. My husband and I have been discussing how we want to go to New Orleans for our next vacay (Nashville was our last) and I am so thrilled about your post. If you have any more recommendations for restaurants or anything, please let me know because everything y'all did looks like stuff we would enjoy!

    xoxo, SS

    Southern And Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband and I just spent our 21st anniversary in NO....we actually stayed at the Le Pavilion Hotel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...