Slider

Weekend Recap: I'm Back!!!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy Monday, friends! 
 I spent the last week cruising the Bahamas and can't wait to share all about my trip starting tomorrow.  But first, I want to recap Father's Day weekend because D and I were lucky enough to spend it with 3 different fathers!

Our cruise ship docked Saturday morning and we were able to get through customs and be in our car by 9 AM, and as you can see, we were happy!  I was so ready to get home--I enjoyed being gone, but I was ready to get back to my normal routine, eat my normal food, sleep in my amazing bed, and be on land.
  See how excited we are?

We ended up driving to our port instead of flying and what should have taken us about 7.5 hours to drive home ended up taking closer to 10 hours because of traffic.  Apparently everyone decided that their vacations ended on Saturday, too, and were all headed north.  

A crazy thing about me: I hate packing but I love unpacking.  Really.  As soon as I'm home from any trip, I unpack immediately, and obviously Dustin does that now too.  (hehe)  So once we unpacked and put everything away, I was left with...
 A massive laundry pile!  
Aren't vacations so wonderful when you never have to worry about laundry?  


On Sunday, we went to Small Group (Sunday School) only at church and then headed to my dad's house first, then my step-dad, and then my father-in-law.

 Father-Daughter dance to "Sara Smile" by Hall & Oates at my wedding
My dad used to sing this song to me growing up and it was so special to get to dance to it at my wedding!

Does my step-dad look like the only normal person in our family?

Wes, Dustin, and their dad, David--all smiles for the Shaneyfelt men!


Check back tomorrow because I will be recapping the first few days of our cruise to the Bahamas!

Linking up with Biana

15 comments:

  1. So excited you are back! Can't wait to hear all about your trip. Glad you were able to get in lots of family time yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back! So excited to hear about the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back girl - can't wait to hear about your trip! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always unpack right after a vacation too! The sooner I can get my life back to normal the better!! I hate that limbo stage lol. Glad you got to celebrate Father's Day with three greats dads!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop whoop cannot wait for a cruise recap and fun pictures!! Love that family picture of you crazy cats, y'all look so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to hear about your trip! We love cruising but are also always very ready to get home, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for being back!!! I love packing so much.. but I love unpacking too. I think no matter how great the vacation is, you're always ready to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to hear about your trip down to the Bahamas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to hear about your cruise!! We have been looking at going on one so I can't wait to see what you thought of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to hear mroe about your trip to the Bahamas!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo hoo! I cab't wait to hear all about your trip!!!!! Traffic can be the worst but glad y'all got home safely! We are driving to our port in November too, since it's only about 6 hours away. Glad you had a good weekend with all of your family! Love that picture of you and your dad at your wedding, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, I love that you and your dad danced to Sara Smile. Fun fact: When I was born, my parents named me Sarah Lindsay but they decided to call me Lindsay. When I got married, I dropped Sarah, made Lindsay my first name, and kept my maiden name as my middle name. So anyhoo, my daddy used to sing Sara Smile and that song Sara by Starship to me when I was little, too! I always loved that name, but it was such a pain since I didn't go by it that I dropped it. :o)

    I can't wait to hear more about your trip!! I've been waiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to hear about your trip - and I can't wait to unpack right away when getting back from a trip - it just makes me feel better! So special that you got to spend Father's Day yesterday with all the fathers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh God I hate traffic, that drive must have been trying! A cruise to the Bahamas sounds utterly divine right now, just hope the relaxation of before hasn't worn off just yet!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like y'all had such a great trip and weekend! I'm the same way about unpacking. It's the first thing I do when I get home from a trip. Have a great week! Cheers, Laura

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan