Slider

Day to Night in Black and Brown

Monday, July 10, 2017

As always, a special thanks to my sister at RAW Images Photography for these photos!







 dress ON SALE! | wedges | hat (similar) | purse (old but similar HERE) | necklace

Happy Monday!  I hope your weekend was great and that everyone transitions easily into a week without a holiday.  Those are always the hardest for me!

As a teacher, I'm always looking for "school appropriate" clothes but I also don't want to wear clothes that age me.  And sometimes during the week, I have dinner plans for after school and don't have the time to run home and change because I'm up at school still working.  

Enter the outfit above.  The black swing dress, wedges, and necklace are perfect for teaching during the day.  (Remember I told y'all that those wedges are my new favorite and the most comfortable wedges I've ever owned...for real)  But if I am heading out to dinner that evening with some friends or teachers from school, I can throw on a cute hat and red lipstick to dress up my outfit from day to night.  

We all need go-to outfits that can transition easily from day to night.  What's your go-to?


Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Bloglovin!

Linking up with Biana

19 comments:

  1. Perfect in every way!! You look gorgeous and oh so CHIC!!! Happy Monday cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute cute!! love that dress and those wedges!! A great staple outfit that easily goes from day to night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your look.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Yes, YES! I LOVE a good black and brown combo!! Classy and modern at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that second picture of you so much! I hope you had a fun night out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute friend! I love that hat and your lipstick color!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a simple black dress-they are SO versatile. You look wonderful Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A classic LBD is always a winner- and there are so many ways to switch it up and make it unique each time you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love outfits that can go day to night! Black is always the best and it's always so fun and easy to pair with a neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute outfit! Love those wedges! They look like they would be pretty comfy too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look absolutely amazing, girl!! I love those wedges! And goodness gracious, the background of your photos look just like our downtown area here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that dress!!! It's so fun and versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dress is just adorable! I love a good simple black dress for any occasion! Dress it up, dress it down! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, yes, yes to swing dresses-they're perfect for teaching...and basically everything else ;) Also, since you've raved about those wedges, I've been trying to bite the bullet and get them-I think I'm finally going to do it, they look great and if they're comfy too-that's a win win!

    xoxo, SS

    www.SouthernAndStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so pretty!! I remember when it was so taboo to wear black and brown together. I'm glad that's a thing of the past because I love the combo. You and your sister make a great team - beautiful photos of a beautiful lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The wedges! Still lusting over them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely previous! You know I love the look!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan