Slider

A Saturday Full of the Great Outdoors and the Fine Arts

Monday, July 31, 2017

Saturday morning Dustin and I were up at 5:30 to get ready to head out to his hunting land to put out some cameras and corn.  This was my first experience putting out cameras and corn because I was not raised in a household where anyone hunted.  I've totally married into that lifestyle πŸ˜‚  

And as you'll see below, I've adapted pretty well 😜

We rode the 4-wheeler to put out three cameras and this was the first of the three we Dustin put out.  Notice the gun was in case we ran across any snakes--I know this is so naive of me but snakes weren't even on my radar that day until D told me to watch where I stepped.



I had to snap this as we were headed back to the truck to grab the other bags of corn and cameras.  Y'all, as you can see by my hair, I was not expecting a crazy ride through the forrest, ducking my head, getting scraped by branches and briars, and getting my hair caught in vines.  Next time I'll know to wear a ball cap haha!



I caught my #bloggerhusband taking pictures of me working πŸ˜‚  And by working, I mean he emptied the 50 lb bags of corn until they were about 25 lbs, and then I took over.



Look at how good I am at spreading out corn!


We got back to our house around 1 PM that day, and after an afternoon full of grocery shopping and laundry, I got ready to go see a play with my mom!


The College Street Players, a local group, put on Steel Magnolias in our town, and since Mom and I both LOVE that movie, we had to go see the play!  I could quote almost all of the lines verbatim, and even if you've seen the movie a thousand times and know exactly what's going to happen, everyone in the fine arts center cried during the last scene.

I have three favorite movies: When Harry Met Sally, Pretty Woman, and Steel Magnolias.  My love for all of these movies came from my mom, so it was special getting to watch the play together!


My OOTN: old anthro romper | NSale cardigan | wedges  (MY FAVORITE!!)



Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Bloglovin!


Linking up with Biana

18 comments:

  1. Your makeup looks GORGEOUS in that pic of you and your mom! Loved your cardigan too. Just opened a tab to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to echo Erica - LOVE your make up! And how fun was your morning outdoors? I wouldn't have thought of snakes, either, but goodness would that freak me out after hearing they could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun saturday! Steele Magnolias is my all time favorite movie! I can quote the entire thing. I've seeing you spread that feed out haha. hunting is huge where we live so I totally get it! Hope you have a great monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you went out with your man to spread corn and you look adorable! I loved going to the lease with Keith when we were dating and first married....it was 4 hours away so we went a few times a year and it was a great place to disconnect. Once Carly was born he started hunting closer to home..and, well, it's much easier to find an excuse not to go now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun night with your mom!! You are way more adventurous than me - I don't think I would have survived out there!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a trooper and cutest four wheel rider ever! My mom and I love Steel Magnolias as well so we would've really enjoyed that. Cute cute romper and cheers to your Monday! I hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I married into a hunting family too so this cracked me up. I LOVE your outfit at the end too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun weekend! Our local theatre did Steel Magnolias two years ago and I went with my grandmother and we loved it!! It's such a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are my three favorite movies too! My husband is my real-life Harry because we met 20+ years ago - dated briefly- drifted in and out of each others lives until he called me one day about 10 years ago and the rest, as they say is history. we just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your mom look SO much alike!

    Growing up, my dad was really into hunting but my husband is not a hunter at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! We get that sometimes! And lucky that your husband isn't! Deer season gets pretty lonely haha!

      Delete
  11. What a fun weekend! My husband would love to be a hunter, but I told him nope haha he's not around anyway because of the Army!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband is a hunter too! In fact, most of my family is, but I was able to avoid all that growing up. I sat in the deer blind with my husband one afternoon and I thought it was going to kill me having to be so quiet. NOT my thing!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's funny because I was born and raised in the south and none of my family ever hunted! My dad's grandmother owned a farm and raised and killed her own animals, but they never hunted! And girl, you look so cute in that romper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun Saturday!!! :) You can never go wrong with weekends like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah steel magnolias is one of my faves too. I can almost quote it the whole way through! So glad you got to see the play!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your outfit for the play was so cute, love those wedges!

    xoxo, SS


    www.SouthernAndStyle.com

    ReplyDelete

  17. So cute that you & your mom got to go to that play together! I love that movie too! & sleepless in Seattle! & you've got mail! I thought it was a no no to put out corn? Maybe that's just in our state or maybe it's for ducks instead of deer! Ha. I don't get into hunting either! I just don't understand it! But it seems like most guys/ husbands don't understand our shopping! Evens out somewhere

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan