Slider

Whole30 Day 1 + My Why

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Today starts a day that I'm both excited and nervous about.  I've been really intrigued by Whole30 for months now, but I knew I didn't want to try it during the end of school.  I felt like that would be way too much for me to deal with, but since we just got back from our beach vacation, I feel like now is finally the time!

To give a brief background: I lost 60+ lbs after I graduated from college, kept it off with diet and exercise, got married and still kept it off, but completed a 2 year graduate degree in 1 year + working full time and that is what made me gain weight.  I've educated myself on eating healthier and I know fat free, sugar free, 100 cal packs are not healthy, and these are some of the things I did when I lost all my weight before.  This time I want to eat real, whole foods and also get my self control back because I haven't had any in the past year.

Enter Whole30.   

What is Whole30?
See the picture below to explain it perfectly!


Why Whole30?
I have given up all self control around sweets and I'm a snacker.  I've got to break these habits and with all of the research I've done, I'm hoping Whole30 can help that.

What are you going to do after your 30 days?
I know that this lifestyle isn't meant to be kept up all the time.  It's meant for a reset on your relationships with food, and after I finish the 30 days I plan on eating clean--meaning I can use natural sweeteners like maple syrup or honey and I can eat legumes or whole grains like quinoa. But I will not be having a daily sweet/dessert and will only splurge on things like that if I feel like it's worth it.

Are you doing this alone?
Thankfully, no!  There's a Facebook group that Shelly set up for us to use to keep ourselves accountable and motivated!  So we're starting today and if you're interested in doing Whole30 (or eating clean like she is) then email me!

What will you be eating?
I've researched a lot and I still feel overwhelmed with everything.  I think living far away from a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods stresses me out because every blog post I've read about Whole30 shares food purchases from those grocery stores.  I did the best I could with Walmart and Kroger.  With that being said, I'll be keeping it simple until I feel like I have things under control.  

This is what I'll eat today...
Breakfast: eggs, salsa, avocado, 1/2 piece chicken sausage
Lunch: salad with chicken, veggies, sunflower seeds, Tessamae's ranch dressing
Supper: roasted sweet potatoes, veggies, chicken sausage

I have researched and researched and researched some more in order to feel prepared for this month, but I still feel a little nervous!  I told Dustin he'd be fending for himself in the supper department in the next few days until I get over my sugar headaches (I've read all about them) and can get a handle on figuring out recipes/cooking for hours ha!

I hope to be updating weekly about my thoughts, how I feel, what I ate, etc. during this time. If you've ever done Whole30, what's your favorite (and easiest) meal you ate?  My goal is to keep these 30 days simple but flavorful!

Linking up with Whitney and Lindsay

14 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I'm sure it will be difficult at first, but keep persevering!! Just think how good you will feel and much happier you will be at the end of the 30 days! Are you allowed any snacks at all? That would definitely be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rooting for you! I think blogging about it like you are is going to keep you super accountable during the hard times! So awesome you are going through it with a friend too. Seems like you are totally set up for success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU'VE GOT THIS! Whole30 seems scary and overwhelming in the beginning but you'll do fine with Kroger and Walmart. So many more natural products are offered there now and if you want aminos or something just hit up Amazon. I'm so rooting for you because I believe in this program as a reset, it is so informative about your body and food and you learn SO MUCH. Biggest thing is if you eat whole foods, you'll feel better. Fruit, baby carrots and baby tomatoes were my best friends. YOU GOT THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I'm sure you will do great! I'm not taking on this challenge this month but I'm trying to eat more clean. Yay for being healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so intrigued with this and how it will make you feel! Definitely something to look into during a post baby slump I feel like I'm in. Go Sarah Go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I've seen so many people doing this but not sure I could commit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this "pizza pie" because it feels like you're eating lasagna! I double the recipe and eat it for lunch all week. http://paleomg.com/almost-5-ingredient-pizza-spaghetti-pie/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this & I'm so excited to have a community to follow along with! I can totally relate as I've gained about 35 lbs in the last 3 years while working full time and going to graduate school. I'm rooting for you and excited to start the healthy journey as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! I've been thinking about doing the Whole 30 for forever, but my husband wouldn't rock & roll with Whole 30 dinners and definitely doesn't do fending for himself, haha! I can't wait to hear more about your recipes and your experience :)

    xoxo, SS

    www.SouthernAndStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard good things about Whole 30! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not during the program the Whole 30....I am following along with Wired To Eat. It is basically the same thing though. We eat pretty clean anyway but O I am going to miss the ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck!! Sounds like you're setting yourself up for success :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so intrigued by Whole30! I can't wait to hear your updates and thoughts as you go. I have been thinking of starting it or something similar, but like you said, it sort of intimates me!! I feel like I'm not knowledgeable enough on healthy eating to know how to make all of my meals that way. Haha. Cheering you on!! What an awesome goal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan