Friday, June 23, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, y'all!  You know, these Friday Favorites posts aren't near as fun to write during summer break because that means I'm one more week closer to the beginning of school!  Slow down summer!


 I can't believe I've forgotten to mention this on a favorites post but I LOVE watching the Duggars....especially now that it's Counting On.  Joy's wedding was recently featured on the premiere episode and I loved it!!  Austin is the cutest and seems so genuinely sweet.  

If I had to rank the Duggar daughters based on their wedding dresses, mine favorites would be Jessa, Jinger, Joy, and then Jill.



 I've recently started watching Mallory Ervin Youtube videos, and one I watched recently was on her weight loss.  She talked about her new exercise routine for burning calories fast and I've started doing it!  You walk at a really steep incline (without holding onto the treadmill) for at least 30 minutes.  I've done this about 4-5 times so far and the spike in calories burned (based on my Apple watch) is insane!  Since I'm still a beginner, I've been walking at a 13 incline at 3.1mph for 30 minutes.  I do increase my speed the last 5 minutes to make it a little harder.  Y'all....it's tough!  When Mallory talked about it, I thought it wouldn't be that hard but it is.  I also use that time to listen to podcasts!



 This workout tank is a new favorite!!  Guess where it's from??
WALMART!
My partner teacher had the cutest tank on one day at the gym and she said it was from Walmart, so I left the gym and headed straight to Walmart to buy 2 of them!  They were under $6 each!!  I sized up to get it loose and baggy since I don't like tight workout tanks.  The thin material makes it even better.  Run to your nearest Walmart to get this Danskin tank!  I told my best friend about it on the phone and she went and bought one and loves it too!



Tropical storm Cindy has hit Alabama and made her way up the state.  We had to get out of the house so we made a special trip to the book store to read magazines.  I could sit for hours and read magazines!



I know this is the weirdest thing ever to say but knowing that the Nordstrom sale is coming up has me dreaming about fall clothes!  I am loving the summer weather and summer break, but now I'm looking forward to wearing fall layers 😜


I posted Wednesday about my current wish list that I created for Dustin so he could know what to buy me whenever he wanted to buy me a gift!  I got a lot of feedback about the White peplum so let's hope it looks good on my body type!

UPDATE: My sweet friend Victoria texted me to let me know this top runs small and feels cheaply made.  I will be taking this off my list, and I wanted y'all to know in case you were thinking about purchasing!
Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Bloglovin!


Linking up with Erika, Christine, and Amanda

20 comments:

  1. I am craving fall clothes, too, which is crazy since it isn't even July!!! I need to try walking like that - anything to burn more calories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am craving all things fall too, I swear I get the fever as soon as I see Hobby Lobby put out their first pumpkin haha. Love that Walmart tank,guess ill be making a trip to my least favorite store ever! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny, I want Fall clothes too. While I adore the summer, Fall dressing is just better!! LOVE Danskin and their workout clothes at Wal-Mart!! So good and love the price point! Wishing you guys a glorious weekend you gorgeous babe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you shared Mallory's video. I now can't stop watching them! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love some Danskin, girl! Cheap and good, just up my alley :) YES to magazine reading and coffee sipping at the bookstore. Unfortunately, with two kids that doesn't happen for me anymore. I hope your weekend is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will for sure be shopping the Danskin department from now on! I'm so pleased with these tanks! And maybe you can sneak away at some point to enjoy an hour of reading and coffee drinking alone!

      Delete
  6. I love that workout top! I'm always surprised at the good stuff I find at Walmart. I have a few workout tops from there and they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm way too excited that Counting On is back too, and definitely agree on my favorites of the girls' wedding dresses. Jessa's was by far my favorite, and Jinger's was absolute perfection on her. I also love how much Jinger is blossoming into her own person now that she's married. She's still a woman of God, but is now wearing pants! Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had pretty mild temperatures here other than one or two heat waves it's been just the normal enjoyable 80's but around the time of the sale I definitely see myself craving fall too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Mallory's videos too! I started watching them about 6 months ago. She is one of my favorite youtube channels! I am so excited that Counting on is back on too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, adding the incline makes SUCH a difference in calorie burning!! When I started at the gym back in August I was just walking as fast as I could/jogging occasionally but after a couple of months I started upping the incline and it is HUGE! I'm currently doing 3.6 mph on a 9 incline for exactly 30 minutes and it burns around 320 calories. Makes me sweat twice as much, too. It's amazing!

    And I feel ya on the tropical storm... it's been raining here for days. Today the sun finally peeked out but it looks like it's clouding up again already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Umm...I'm going to need a trip to Walmart! I seriously can hardly wait for my N-sale catalog to show up!! Every year I get so much Christmas shopping done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well...you know my feelings about the Duggars. I have to agree on your rating of their wedding dresses. However, Joy's decorations and flowers are my favorite so far! I like Austin too...seems so genuine and I love that they've known each other for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love watching the Duggars too - so glad it's back. Our whole family can watch that without fear of something inappropriate popping up - ha. I totally agree in the wedding dress rankings as well! Jessa's was my favorite! It made me want sleeves on my strapless wedding dress I wore 10 years ago ;). Walmart is killing it right now, they are swaying me over slowly but steadily. xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO many magazines! I love it!! I'm really enjoying my shorts right now, but I'm awaiting the arrival of fall items in stores! I haven't seen them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Walmart has some surprisingly good workout stuff! I have that same top & love how light it is! I need to get all of the colors before they stop selling it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you started watching Mallory's videos! I'm obsessed with her insta stories where she shares the different things she eats (when she hasn't fallen off the weight watchers bandwagon, hahaha) She seriously has some of the best salad recipes, etc.!

    xoxo, SS

    www.SouthernAndStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your love for the Duggars. I agree with your wedding dress ranking. Joy's wedding was gorgeous. Who do you think had the prettiest ceremony?? I think Joy gets my vote. Those hanging flowers were gorgeous and then Jinger comes in a close second with that floral monogram back drop. Hope that peplum top works out for you because it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That workout sounds intense - but quick! I need to grab one of those tank tops! I hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...