Monday, April 10, 2017

Triple Berry Lime Smoothie (aka the best smoothie in the world!)

In my quest to be healthier and watch my portion size, I have found that smoothies are great meal substitutions.  I've been doing lots of research about the perfect smoothie because even though most people may associate smoothie with being healthy, you can actually make a smoothie extremely fattening!  That's definitely not ideal when you're trying to lose weight.

Basically, the perfect smoothie ratio would be low sugar fruit, low sugar protein, fiber, and a good fat.  This smoothie has all of that minus the good fat, but it would be so easy to add 1/4 of an avocado if you have one on hand!  (I normally have my avocado in the morning for breakfast and I don't want to over do it on the good fats.)

Y'all, I love this smoothie so much.  Strangely enough, I can't drink it for breakfast because I feel like I need something I can chew for breakfast, BUT I love drinking one of these for lunch or even supper!  It's very filling!

This would also be perfect for after a hard workout because of the high protein!



Triple Berry Lime Smoothie

1 cup of frozen triple berry fruit mixture
2 scoops protein powder (the healthiest I can find!)
1 tbs lime juice
1/3 cup old fashioned oats
cover mixture with water....add more to thin it out
optional: 1/4 of an avocado

Add all ingredients to your NutriBullet or blender and mix!  Enjoy

**You can click on the image to pin it!

13 comments:

  1. I have never thought to add in oats to a smoothie - I have gotten off the smoothie train, but you are making me want to get back on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I will have to get back to making smoothies. They really are so good fans good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely have to try this! As it gets warmer out I start making more smoothies in the morning! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really good! I used to make smoothies all the time & then just stopped. I should start trying to make them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just makes me happy and sounds so refreshing and good!! I love berries so much! Happy Monday babe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I always love trying new smoothie recipes! I get so stuck in the same few mixes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love smoothies! I make mine with a scoop of protein powder, a cup of spinach and a cup of unsweetened almond milk. I should try adding avocado and I'll have to check out that protein powder, it sounds cleaner than the one I'm currently using!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen oats in smoothies, but that seems genius!! It's nice and healthy and gives it a bit more texture. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so delicious! You're right, so many smoothies are just as bad as eating ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a delicious recipe! I can't wait to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been adding oatmeal to my smoothies for an added amount of fiber and it has been such a smart idea. I am so full and I like knowing I'm adding whole wheat oats to my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to agree with you on how most "healthy smoothies" tend to be unhealthy. Most of the smoothies you can buy are actually quite unhealthy. Making smoothies yourself with recipes like this one is the best idea. This is a nicely balanced smoothie. Will definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...