Slider

Podcasts: To Listen or Not To Listen?

Tuesday, March 21, 2017


I grew up in a family that played music constantly--either on the radio or on the record player.  And now I'm the same way.  Just last night as I was cooking dinner, I had the Bose bluetooth speaker on and was playing music from Pandora.  

But just recently I've thought about getting into podcasts.  It all started last week after my friend Emily sent me a podcast that I really enjoyed listening to.  I know podcasts are really popular right now, so I thought I'd try to listen to the really popular ones that everyone is raving about.

Here are a few I've listened to already, what I liked or didn't like, and ones I want to listen to.  I also need your suggestions for good ones, too!



Ones I've listened to:

Serial: I know this was such a popular podcast, but I could not get into it.

Stuff You Should Know: I listened to the Alexander Hamilton one (loved it) and the one on quinoa (boring).  I would say this wasn't my favorite either.

Unbuttoned by Yahoo Style: I listened to the podcast about dressing celebrities for award shows and the politics behind it, and I really enjoyed it!  I love fashion anyway, so this was really interesting to me.  I've got one downloaded that features the costume designer from Mad Men, and I was obsessed with watching Mad Men when it was on just for the fashion 😜

John Piper Sermons: I am a huge John Piper fan, so I love listening to his sermons!!  If you want to listen to him, I recommend making sure you can pay attention too because his sermons go in depth.

Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology: Dustin went through a men's study that used Grudem's book.  Then we found out he had a podcast of his class lectures, so I've listened to a few of them so I could feel like I was participating in Dustin's study haha!  These are really interesting and you learn so much--my favorite?  The ones on justification.


What I want to listen to:

The Librarian is In: I've read that this is librarians from the NYC Public Library discussing books.  Should be good, right?

Lady Lovin' by Lo Bosworth: I loved Lo on Laguna Beach and The Hills, so I want to listen to at least one episode.


Are there any I'm missing that are super interesting?


Linking up with Whitney, Lindsay, and Erika

13 comments:

  1. I recommend This American Life (once a week) and TED Talks (you'll want to download old episodes)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really want to listen to Serial but I have no clue if I'd be able to pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Big Boo Cast with Sophie Hudson (Boo Mama) and Melanie Shankle (Big Mama)! They are great, especially if you follow their blogs! I also like the Love What Matters podcast with Amy from the Bobby Bones Show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Young House Love is my favorite podcast :) And tuck away Risen Motherhood for the future- on gospel centered motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missing Richard Simmons! or Pop Culture Happy Hour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never listened to a podcast before. EEK! I'm like you, though... we have music playing all. the. time. in our house. I couldn't live without my Bose bluetooth speaker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to get into podcasting also!! I haven't listened to hardly any because I normally get bored, but I'll have to try some and let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I want to check out The Librarian one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to get into podcasts! They always seem so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know nothing about podcasts, but you caught my attention with The Librarian Is In!! That would be great for suggesting and getting books for the classroom. Also, I loved Lo on tv as well and think that would be fun to hear! I'm excited to see what you think of these two!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, The Librarian Is In sounds awesome. I didn't know about that one, but as I'm a librarian, I need to check it out. I'm listening to My Favorite Murder which I really love. I'm not far in, but it passes time when I walk!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've started to love listening to podcasts at the gym or on a walk - they can make the time go by so much faster than just music sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey is a really good, lighthearted podcast but always leaves me feeling refreshed and inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan