Slider

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Bar

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Last month when my women's ministry put on a coffee house night, we were asked to bring cookies, too.  Because I had to get to church early to help set up, I knew I wanted an easy cookie recipe, but that I also didn't want to end up baking the pre-cut cookies.  I wanted something semi-homemade.  

I remembered a recipe I had for some cake bars, and I altered it a little to fit my taste.  They were wonderful!  I easily doubled this to make enough cookies for our ministry event.  The next time you need a quick dessert and don't have a lot of time (or ingredients) whip these up and you won't be disappointed!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Bar

1 box yellow cake mix (or white)
6 TBS melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 - 3/4 cup chocolate chips (depending on how chocolatey you like them!)

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease your 9x13 pan and set aside.
3. Mix together cake mix, melted butter, and beaten eggs.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Press evenly into pan and bake for 20 minutes.

I promise these cookies are so good that you will have to restrain yourself from eating them all!

19 comments:

  1. Oh super YUM!!! I am a sucker for a chocolate chip bar and these look scrumptious!! Go over to the blended Blog and link these up for tasty Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! Baking cookies in bar form is always such a time saver. These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Tuesday Talk! This looks delicious and I know my girls would love it. Thanks for linking up with us today! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously you and Emily are just making me hungry today and it isn't time for lunch yet haha! I will have to try these sometime for sure they look good and sound easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks delicious! i'll take 10 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously love cookie bars! Ugh...if the batter actually makes it out of the bowl then this is always preferred by my family. Yum...now I want a cookie

    Shelly|The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete
  7. How simple is this? I never would have thought to make bars like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen something like this on Pinterest before and wondered if they were actually good. Glad to hear straight from the source! AND they sound SO easy!! Always a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, you know how I love me some cookie cake! I will definitely be trying these! I'll have to wait until after Lent, though, because I gave up sweets during the week. Waaaahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness, this sounds so yummY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SUCH a cookie addict. I love how cookie bars are so easy to make, versus having to separate dough when making actual cookies. Will be trying these out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look and sound delicious and so simple! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Four ingredients?! That's crazy!! Sounds delicious and easy (my fave combo!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my!!! This looks and sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE chocolate chip bars - these sound perfect with minimal ingredients!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan