Monday, February 6, 2017

Weekend Recap: Super Bowl Weekend!

How do weekends go by so fast?  Seriously, as I write this Sunday night during the big game, I'm wondering how in the world did time fly by.  I guess when your weekend is jam-packed with errands and chores, then that makes time go by fast.  Or getting older ha!

I was so good with pictures until Saturday afternoon, and then I pretty much forgot.  So here's a look into half of my weekend ­čśŐ

It was Dustin's turn to work this weekend, so as soon as he got off Friday we headed to our high school (we graduated from the same high school) to watch the basketball games.

 It was senior night, and the girls who were on my first cheer squad at 7th graders (and my first year to teach!) are now SENIORS!!!  I have such great memories with these girls including a fun spend the night party AND the fact that they were on my squad when Dustin and I first started dating.  



 Saturday morning I got up and had my Spark while I meal planned and wrote out my grocery list.



 Then I got ready to meet my sister at the gym.  I wore my new leggings and I LOVE THEM! Seriously, I was telling Rachel how much I hate to sweat while working out (counter productive, I know) and these leggings don't make me get over-heated while working out.



 We had a great full-body workout together.  When I ran a lot, I used to run alone and it didn't bother me.  But now that I'm doing more weights with cardio, I really enjoy having a workout partner!  Also, #needtogetmyrootsdone  #appointmentin2weeks



 Then I changed into warmer and dry workout clothes for my errands for the day.



I ran to the mall to get a few candles since my candle supply is low.  And then I forgot to take pictures of everything else this weekend.  I grocery shopped, took food to someone in my church, and then when Dustin got home that night, we watched Girl on the Train since I had read the book but never got to see  the movie.  Dustin enjoyed it so much that he stayed awake the entire time!  #notwhereDustinsleeps ha!


Sunday was laundry, cooking, and visiting my grandfather in the hospital.  I didn't make it to church, so I listened to this Tim Keller sermon on John 1: 1-14.  It's meant as a sermon before Christmas, but I enjoyed it even in February and learned so much!  Whenever Dustin and I visit NYC, visiting Redeemer Church on a Sunday is a must!

Then like the rest of America, we watched the Super Bowl that night.  I'll be honest, I was dreading Lady Gaga's halftime performance because I was afraid she would get political and all I want to watch during a halftime show is singing and dancing.  Like, entertain me because that's what everyone is wanting you to do.  But she blew me away and exceeded every expectation I had!  I was proud of her opening and really impressed by the entire show.  So much that I may have to buy her latest single on iTunes.

And for laughs....here's my favorite commercial from last night.  As in, I literally LOL'd.



How was your weekend?!

Linking up with Biana

22 comments:

  1. Lady Gaga made me so happy, she kept her mouth shut and man, did she put on a show!! How cute are you with your cheer girls and in those adorable leggings!! You go girl and rock this Monday morn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great weekend with great friends. Where do you go for candles? I have an addiction too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend!! That's so funny you hate to sweat when working out. I love it, because then it makes me feel like I am working really hard and that whatever I am doing is working, too! That commercial was funny, too. And I loved lady gaga's performance, too! The beginning was beautiful and while I guess that was her political nod, I thought it was very tasteful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly didn't even pay attention to any of the commercials because I was so nervous and pacing back and forth the entire game! Lady Gaga was definitely a highlight - she nailed it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice weekend!! Love those workout bottoms. I want impressed with any of the commercials but thought lady Gaga hit it out of the park!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE to sweat while working out.. like ideally I'll be drenched by the end of it.. haha! I loved the book the girl on the train but heard the movie was pretty explicit.. I need you to text me details so I can decide if I want to watch haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That commercial was my favorite too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Bye Bye Bye commercial was definitely my favorite, too! That one had us laughing more than any of the other ones. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was the best commercial, the Ford commercial was my second favorite. Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was my favorite commercial too. I honestly thought the commercials were seriously lacking this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you guys had a fun and busy weekend!! Such fun that you got to go back and visit at your old high school!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your workout outfit is so cute! I thought the halftime show as great, too. That lady can sing! And what candles did you get this weekend? I am so ready for all the fruity spring scents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lady Gaga impressed me. I'm not usually a fan and you never know what someone is going to do when they have so many eyes on them but she nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel like we are twins haha workout partners are crucial! I LOVE candles and I am also a teacher! What do you teach!?

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, that JT commercial was THE BEST! I LOLed, too, and that doesn't happen very often.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your leggings! I also hate to sweat. I love walking in to a freezing cold gym or turning on multiple fans when I am working out at home. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to be better at meal planning :) Its so hard

    ReplyDelete
  18. Today we journaled in class describing our favorite commercial. I used the Bai one as one of my examples that I showed the students ahead of time in case they hadn't seen any last night.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I fell asleep and missed Gaga. I'm sure I can find it somewhere to watch though. I'm with you on sweating. Not for me! Ha! Go girl for exercising. You're motivating me!! I'm sorry your grandad is in the hospital, I'll be praying for him, and y'all! Have a good night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look fab in those workout pants! Love them on you! I'm a big fan of pink and orange together.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are adorable in your new workout pants! Totally would agree with needing a buddy at the gym. I loved Lady Gaga's performance!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...