Friday, February 17, 2017

Friday Favorites!

Has anyone else felt like this has been the longest week in the entire world?  I never thought Friday would get here, but thankfully, it is!

Today I'm sharing a few of my favorite things from the week!

 I woke up Tuesday morning to this set up on the bar.  Dustin leaves for work before I wake up, but he made sure to have my present out and waiting for me!

Later that morning, my mom stopped by my house before leaving for school to drop off a little present she had gotten me.  I love that my mom still gets my sister and I little Valentine's gifts 💝


 Later that evening I had to run to the pharmacy, and my sister met me there to give me 3 roses!  This Valentine's Day was a FAVORITE because I was showered with surprises all day :)  Plus, it reminded me how glad I am that we live in the same town and can run into each other at the pharmacy.



 Our plan that night was to eat at home, so I baked chicken, sautéed green beans, and roasted sweet potatoes with apples and red onions.  If you've never eaten roasted sweet potatoes, apples, and red onions (with some rosemary) together then you are missing out!  SO GOOD!!

Here's how to make:  In small pieces, chop up your sweet potatoes (peeled), red apple, and red onion.  Drizzle with EVOO and stir to coat it all.  Then sprinkle with salt and pepper--I use pink himalayan salt.



 Every single time I try to tag myself on Facebook, it tags my mom.  Literally all the time.



 The rest of Valentine's Day was spent with Dustin sleeping at 8 PM and me catching up on my TV!  Not a bad way to end V-day 😜



Yesterday, my blog friend Emily wrote about creating a healthy lifestyle on my blog and I wrote about what to do when you lack motivation on her blog.  Loved the blog swap!


Linking up with Erika, April, Heather, and Amanda

22 comments:

  1. I always enjoy the Friday Favorites! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a great Valentine's Day! Now go have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, sweet week girl and how I love me some roasted sweet potatoes! Love the edition of the apple and onion!! Have a most wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww what a sweet thing to wake up on Valentine's Day! Love that you also got to see both your mom and your sister for some love, too! The blog swap was a favorite of mine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about being a twin for your mom if even facebook can't tell you both apart!! Happy weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I love that Facebook tags your mom! I am so behind on blog reading this week and still plan to check out you and Emily's swap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love roasted roasted sweet potatoes! Your Valentine's Day sounded so nice. Surprised are the best! Have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roasted sweet potatoes, I think I could eat them for breakfast right this minute! One of my faves and I love your twist on the dish by adding apples and onions. Thanks for linking up with us today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh yum... I need to make those sweet potatoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom sends valentines every year still and I think it's so sweet! Also I'll have to try those potatoes, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yesss to those roasted sweet potatoes!!! Yum!!! Happy weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet Love the flowers :) Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those sweet potatoes look yummy. Love that you had so many sweet surprises for Valentines's Day!
    The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet week!! Glad it was full of Valentine's day fun from lots of people. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I've never tried that sweet potato side dish, but it sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was totally going to ask you for the recipe for the sweet potatoes... thank you for sending it!

    and that last pic of Dustin sleeping. Lol. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun Valentine's Day! I live in the same town as my family too and I love running into my mom/sister/cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, I've been in such a rut for side dishes at our house but now I've got to test out your sweet potato/apple/onion recipe! Putting it on next week's menu now :)

    xoxo, SS

    Southern And Style

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, I love that Dustin set everything up early!! I also love that your mom still does little gifts. My dad used to send me and my sister Valentine's Day cards with a little something in them. It's definitely what I miss the most about him - the way he did that little thing just from him for us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like the perfect Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful Valentine's Day! Such a sweet gesture from your Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. My mom still gets us little things too and I love it! Your meal at home sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...