Early last week, I wrote about my 2017 Goals. It's only 11 days into the new year, but according to statistics, some people have already given up on their New Year's resolutions. I wanted to give a little update as to where I am almost 2 weeks in 😀
1. Memorize Scripture each week. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be! I've got one verse down and I'm working on the next one, but man, this is hard. I'm busier; I don't prioritize correctly; my memory is worse....the list could go on and on. But I'm not giving it up because of it's immense importance.
2. Exercise 3-4 times a week. BIG OLE CHECK ON THIS ONE!! Rejoining the gym has done wonders for me and my exercising. I can make so many excuses for myself when I'm at home and need to do an at home workout, but if I'm at the gym, I have no option but to work out. It even helps that my partner teacher goes to the gym too, so we've been going together after school and she's been showing me some stuff in the weight room. #muscleshereicome
3. Be intentional about what I eat. I have been SO good about this! It's been really helpful to have 2 friends in a group text where we are constantly encouraging one another about our food. You may think it's crazy to text someone everything you eat, but it's great accountability. PLUS we are getting some really good ideas from one another.
4. Monthly date nights with Dustin. We are heading to Memphis this month for a concert, so I'm going to count that as our date night haha! I am excited to try some really good (and healthy) food!
5. Say Yes to what matters and No to the rest. So far everything I've said yes to are things that really matter to me.
What about you--how are your New Year's goals or resolutions going?