Slider

Update on 2017 Goals

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Early last week, I wrote about my 2017 Goals.  It's only 11 days into the new year, but according to statistics, some people have already given up on their New Year's resolutions.  I wanted to give a little update as to where I am almost 2 weeks in 😀



1. Memorize Scripture each week.  This is a lot harder than I thought it would be!  I've got one verse down and I'm working on the next one, but man, this is hard.  I'm busier; I don't prioritize correctly; my memory is worse....the list could go on and on.  But I'm not giving it up because of it's immense importance. 


2. Exercise 3-4 times a week.  BIG OLE CHECK ON THIS ONE!!  Rejoining the gym has done wonders for me and my exercising.  I can make so many excuses for myself when I'm at home and need to do an at home workout, but if I'm at the gym, I have no option but to work out.  It even helps that my partner teacher goes to the gym too, so we've been going together after school and she's been showing me some stuff in the weight room.  #muscleshereicome


3. Be intentional about what I eat.  I have been SO good about this!  It's been really helpful to have 2 friends in a group text where we are constantly encouraging one another about our food.  You may think it's crazy to text someone everything you eat, but it's great accountability.  PLUS we are getting some really good ideas from one another.


4. Monthly date nights with Dustin.  We are heading to Memphis this month for a concert, so I'm going to count that as our date night haha!  I am excited to try some really good (and healthy) food!


5. Say Yes to what matters and No to the rest.  So far everything I've said yes to are things that really matter to me.


What about you--how are your New Year's goals or resolutions going?



Linking up with Shay, Erika, and Jenn!

20 comments:

  1. Great job!! I need to find a friend to text everything I eat to. Baha! Keep up the god work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay girl! Rock it out! Have fun in Memphis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!!! YES to what matters the most!! 2017 is your year girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are on track for this year!! I could always use some healthy food ideas - if you get some good ones, please do share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Job!! My Mom,Sister, and I have been sending texts back and forth to keep each other encouraged with our food intake too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! I am totally taking your scripture goal, what a great idea! Our pastor shared on New Years that this will be our best year yet if we make it our best year with Christ.....time to dig into the word! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm basically using this as my outline - excellent choices and excellent job! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why is it that I could memorize bible verses every week when I was little for Sunday School and now it's so hard?! The perks of aging..HA! Concerts are date nights...we have tickets for one in May..IN MAY...that's the only date night on our horizon and I'm DEFINITELY counting it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo!! Look at you go! I don't think it's weird to text that. I have an instagram account where I post everything I eat and my workouts and I love it because it holds me accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Good for you! I'm keeping at my goals since I don't do resolutions since I never keep them when I call them that LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love your #5! I really need to learn to say NO more often. Way to go on working out and making healthy choices when it comes to your food. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great goals! I think saying yes only to what matters is awesome! That's a really hard one for me. I feel so bad saying no to things, but I'm starting to realize sometimes you just have to! Definitely something I'm working on too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even if you're not doing as well as you'd hoped with memorization, you're at least reading and meditating on them, and that's so important!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Memphis is going to be so much fun!! Great job sticking with the goals 11 days in - here's to the whole year!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your monthly date night idea! Keep up the goals!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea with all of the accountability in the work out and eating departments. I'd definitely do less snacking if I had to group text what I just ate haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are killing it! I think I too need to re-join a gym to get back in my workout groove...can't wait for you to share about your trip to Memphis as well as hopefully sharing more healthy recipes with us :)

    xoxo, SS

    Southern And Style

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan