Slider

Black Bean Enchiladas

Monday, January 23, 2017

Happy Monday!!  Today is my first day back to work for a full 5 day work week, so here's to hoping I survive 😉  I feel like I haven't worked a full week since before Thanksgiving!

It rained a lot this weekend and I didn't get out much unless I ran an errand or went to church yesterday, so instead of doing a normal weekend recap, I thought I'd share a really good recipe with y'all!

I made this almost 2 weeks ago, and both Dustin and I thought it tasted so good!  It was flavorful and healthy--in my opinion, the best combination.


Black Bean Enchiladas

2 tsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1/2 large red onion, sliced
2 tbs minced garlic (2 cloves)
1 lb lean ground meat (I used deer, but you can use turkey, beef, chicken)
1 15 oz can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tbs chili powder
1 tbs ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
pinch cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
6-12 whole wheat tortillas
1 16 oz jar salsa
1 cup shredded cheese

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  In a large skillet, heat your olive oil and sauté your peppers and onion until soft.  Add in the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds.  Then add in your meat and cook until brown.
2. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt, black beans, and 1/4 cup salsa and stir well.  Let simmer for 5 minutes.
3. In a 13x9 baking dish (or 2 dishes if you make 12 tortillas), spread 1/4 cup salsa evenly over the bottom.
4. Lay your tortillas flat and add a few spoonfuls of the mixture to the center.  Roll tightly and lay seam side down in your pan.  Your pan should fit 6 tortillas.  Then spread the remaining salsa evenly over the tops of the enchiladas and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes

**If you choose to only make 6 enchiladas, then you'll have leftover mixture.  You can freeze for later or mix with rice for a healthy lunch!

16 comments:

  1. Yum!!! I will have to try this recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love enchiladas! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This sounds really good - enchiladas are definitely one of my favorite dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl you're speaking my love language!! I love me some black beans!!! Have a marvelous Monday beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's my first full week back to work as well! Those enchilada's look so tasty - thanks for sharing! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum yum!! I love enchiladas. I've added zucchini to mine before and it tastes so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today is my first day back to work since October, so I'm a bit nervous and hoping to survive the week too! The enchiladas look delicious! Have a great Monday---Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I'll have to make these... so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! Anything with black beans and I am in!
    Hope you survive your first Monday of the full week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flavorful and healthy is DEFINITELY the best combo! I usually always have a couple cans of black beans in my pantry because they're so versatile. Have you tried black bean burgers? So good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would l o v e this. My husband won't eat beans...I'll have to remember it for when he's away. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never say no to Mexican anything! (no really, I'm currently eating a taco salad for lunch haha)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always post the best recipes! And we never turn down Mex! I hope you have a great week, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan