Monday, December 26, 2016

Weekend Recap: Christmas Edition!!

Wow, this weekend went by super fast.  Christmas is a holiday I look forward to all year long, but that anticipation really starts when it hits fall.  Once football season starts, it seems like I have a checklist of holidays or milestones to hit before it finally becomes Christmas season--first day of fall, football Saturdays, my sister's birthday, my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and finally Black Friday (because that's when Christmas really begins haha!). I didn't take very many pictures this weekend except for on Christmas :)

On Friday I finished up a few errands, watched Hallmark movies, grocery shopped (never again that close to Christmas), and started baking for Saturday night.


Saturday morning I started making oreo balls for Sunday night.  This is right before I dipped all of those in white chocolate....so good!



Saturday night was Christmas with the Shaneyfelt family!



I snapped this driving into downtown Saturday night.  I love the lights my little town puts up at Christmas...one of my favorite traditions!


Unfortunately, Dustin had to work this weekend.  So we were up bright and early Sunday morning to open presents before he had to leave for work!  Ignore how awful I look because it's 3:30 in the morning ๐Ÿ˜œ
I must have taped this one a lot haha!







I had to snap a picture of this gift tag!  Notice the number 7 circled--D puts numbers on my presents in the order that I am supposed to open them haha!



This gift was was too heavy and huge for me to wrap so I hid it in the guest bedroom.



Woohoo a basket rack for the 4 wheeler!




 This is the exact Patagonia that I emailed the link to Dustin! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
(also ignore the beer box....you use any random box you can find for gifts when you get desperate!)




 And I also emailed the link for these shoes, too!




 I was really excited to open those shoes because I had been wanting them for so long!




Opening the gorgeous bracelet my MIL bought me and had Dustin give to me Christmas morning :)


Christmas morning with Daddio



Christmas night at my mom's--we're all watching A Christmas Story waiting on Dustin to get off work



Opening gifts



Sisters are built-in best friends for life ๐Ÿ˜Š











This is the only photo we have from Christmas Day.  Since he won't be working next Christmas, I'm hoping for some really good and intentional pictures haha!



I sent this to my mom later that night because she got me this cute sweater!  I cannot wait to wear it!


I love finding out what people got for Christmas!  What was the most unexpected gift you received this year?!



Linking up with Biana

12 comments:

  1. I love seeing what you got for Christmas! Already looking forward with you to next year when Dustin can be off work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We redid our garage this year so it can be used as an entertaining space as needed for larger groups. (We still use it as a garage too - park our cars in there, etc.) My parents surprised us with two new folding tables and some folding chairs so we can stop hauling borrowed ones from Ryan's work! I realize this makes us terribly boring adults, but we loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Ugh, working on Christmas must be the worst! I love that you two opened up gifts at 3.30 in the morning though. It's sweet. :)

    The most unexpected gift? Hmm...I got some cool colored pencils and the Hamilton soundtrack. I was surprised by both because they weren't on my mini wish list of things for my mom to get me. I never know what to ask for when she wants to know! hah

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet christmas weekend!! I love the little notes Dustin writes you for who the gift is for - Gary does the same thing!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am kind of obsessed with Dustin's Christmas tags. I mean the to and from is just adorable on that one! So glad you had a nice Christmas. I can't wait to see some outfit pics with those shoes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet that you guys woke up at 3:30 to open gifts together. I just love that he marks your tags!! Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! That gift tag from your hubby...SO SWEET! So glad you had a merry Christmas. Loving that Patagonia <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cute personalized tags your husband writes and how he numbers them! So unique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that Dustin numbers your presents! Brian always tells me which order to open mine in, but he doesn't actually write the number on the tag... I'll have to tell him to start doing that! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great Christmas y'all had! I hate that he had to work on Christmas but loved that y'all got up and did Christmas before, sweet memories for sure! I also love that he labeled your gift like that...absolutely adorable!! So glad y'all had a great Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has nothing to do with Christmas, but every time I see a picture of your kitchen I think "gosh I just love her kitchen cabinets!!" It's so beautiful! Also, I've decided next year a Patagonia sweatshirt needs to be on my list! Y'alls Christmas looks so fun! Hilarious how your hubby numbers your presents! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those Oreo treats are my favorite! My sister in law makes them every Christmas. Love all of your gifts and way to go for waking up so early to open gifts with your hubby. Sweet Christmas memories :)

    ReplyDelete