Friday, December 30, 2016

Friday Favorites: Last One in 2016!

Happy Friday, y'all!  It's the last Friday of 2016, and sadly, the last Friday of my Christmas break.  Doesn't the time always seem to go by fast when you're having fun...and when you're older ha?!

I've got a few FAVORITES to share with y'all today!!


I shared my 2016 Year in Review on Wednesday.  2016 is a year I'll never forget, and I'm eagerly looking forward to 2017 and to what it holds.



Yesterday, I shared my book review for the books I read in December and I'm counting this cookbook as a book I read 😜  As weird as it sounds, it was my favorite book to read this month!  (I 💗 Chrissy Teigen)



 Last week I had to make an exchange the day after Christmas at a local mall.  After I finished and since I was alone (and on my own time schedule), I stopped in Barnes and Noble to grab a coffee and picked up the February read for my book club to get a head start.  This one looks interesting to read.



 I went to Nashville for the day on Tuesday and dusted off my parallel parking skills from college.  I literally hadn't parallel parked since college and was so excited that I did it perfectly that I made my best friend take a picture.  She was equally as excited haha!
P.S.  This outfit is a FAVORITE!!



 I'm working on burning through my Christmas candles to make room for new candles.  Even though my tree isn't up anymore, my house still smells like a real Christmas tree!



Taking the ornaments off the tree is the worst thing in the world.  I hate it.  This year I tried a new strategy in order to keep my attention and to hopefully make me less bored.  I used to take all the ornaments off of the tree in one section, wrap them, and then move onto the next section.  This year I decided to take them off based on size and I started with the smallest ones first.  That kept my attention a lot better and I only took a few social media breaks during the process haha!


Linking up with Erika, Heather, and Amanda

16 comments:

  1. Taking Christmas decorations down is not nearly as fun as putting them up. Great job on the parallel parking. I LOVE/LOVED reading "Cravings". So many yummy and easy recipes. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking down the tree is the worst-I hate it! Love that you try to make it a bit more fun.
    Major props on parallel parking-it is seriously the worst but I had to use that skill in college too! Hope you have a great new years eve, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your parallel parking skills are superb! It makes me a nervous wreck even in my small town. I avoid it at all costs!! I need to join a book of the month club. And I'm mourning my staycation too. It went by far too quickly. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear about your book club book! It sounds like one I would like. Sounds like you've really enjoyed your break! Taking decorations down is not fun. I just set aside the 2 days after Christmas to décor shop for next year and take everything down and pack it away. It's a pain but I'd rather just power through and be finished. I love having our house (almost) back in order now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried her brussel sprouts yet?! They are my favorite!! Congrats on parallel parking - I can't do that to save my life LOL! Happy New Year girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate taking down the ornaments too - and trying to organize all my Christmas stuff for the year! I need to try some new strategies because our basement is a mess with it all! Love your parallel parking skill :) And cute outfit!

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMMM. Christmas tree smell is ok for all year long in my opinion. Love it!

    I'm not too far from Nashville. I live in Glasgow, near Bowling Green, KY. Where are you>

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have too many Christmas candles in our house too! I plan on saving them for next year... or burning them through February because I'm one of those crazy people who doesn't like to let go of this season. Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got Cravings yesterday for free with my Target Cartwheel perks. Can't wait to try out some of her recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Christmas candles!! I've been overly trying to burn mine too - now I need to get some good winter ones to make up for them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Watching tv always helps with taking ornaments off.
    I'm leaving that for NEXT weekend. Too much putting away and sorting out happening already around here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Taking down the tree, ornaments and decorations is not nearly as much fun as it is to put them all up! I am dragging my feet on doing this, but I have decided that Monday is the day it must happen.

    Jen
    jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I took both of our trees down yesterday and it was miserable! I might try your strategy next year!!

    Those parallel parking skills are impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chrissy Teigen is hilarious! Have you tried any of her recipes? I am also dreading taking our Christmas tree down. We got back from vacation yesterday and I was so hoping our family surprised us by doing it for us! Haha
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am obsessed with your parallel parking outfit!!! I always take the ornaments down that way - a trick my mom showed me so then when I go to put them on next year, I can hang up the big ones first and then fill in with the small!

    ReplyDelete