Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Day Seven: Holiday Outfits

If you've been a reader around here for a while, you know how much I love clothes.  Just check out my Christmas Wish List if you don't believe me!  And I love this time of the year because of all of the fancy Christmas parties...which all require cute little cocktail dresses.

Since Victoria and I are talking about our holiday outfits today, I thought I'd show a few cocktail dresses if I were going to a fancy Christmas party this year.  A girl can dream, can't she?

I may just buy this dress just to have for a date night with Dustin!!  I can't get over how gorgeous it is (you need to see the back) and the best part is the price!!  I love how white is such an unexpected color for Christmas, yet it's so classic and cool.


Velvet is a fabric that I love this time of year.  In fact, I've had my eye on a velvet dress from Anthro and when I finally went to try it on in the store and realized how horribly it fit me, I was so sad simply because I loved the velvet fabric so much.  In my opinion, velvet clothes don't need to be tight-fitting to the body.  This dress would be a perfect holiday party option because it shows a little skin, but it's also loose and flowy.  Also, this price is really great too!


If you're going to wear something that is form-fitting, then you don't need to show a lot of skin.  This dress is from Bailey 44, and I own a dress from this company and it's made really well!  I love how this shows a little bit of shoulder while keeping cleavage covered.  Also the asymmetrical hemline is perfect for a cocktail party!




Want to stand out in a Christmas cocktail crowd?  Wear something other than red or black.  This blue one shoulder number is so beautiful, and I really love the ruffle neckline.  It's loose-fitting..which is my favorite kind of fit.  


I honestly would love to own all four of these dresses--hint hint, Dustin ;)  Not only would they be great for a Christmas cocktail party, but they would also be great for a date night!


Be sure to link up with us for our next link up days!
  • December 14th Christmas Card
December 15th  How do you make Christmas about more than gifts and the craziness associated with the season?
<!-- end InLinkz script —>

11 comments:

  1. Love that white dress!! So classy yet unique! And the blue off the shoulder would be my second favorite. If only I had a fancy party to go to.. No fancy party for this teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so classy, sassy and fun..the white dress is definitely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That white dress is gorgeous - and such a good price. You should just treat yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those dresses! I wish I had a fancy party to go to that I had to get dressed be up for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love that velvet dress! I don't know why this time of year velvet is my favorite. I totally agree with grabbing blue to stand out a little too and that dress is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh love these! Especially the velvet! I'm not sure I could pull any of these off, but if I could it would definitely be the velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That white shift dress is GORGEOUS! I wish I had a reason to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the first dress! It looks cute yet comfortable too!

    The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these dresses! I don't have dressy parties to attend this year so I'm also dreaming! But whatever haha

    ReplyDelete