Wednesday, November 23, 2016

What's Up Wednesday--November 2016

Happy Wednesday, y'all!  I'm extra happy this Wednesday because today is my first day for Thanksgiving break!  Maybe one year we'll get out all of Thanksgiving week like surrounding systems :)  A girl can dream, right?!


I'm linking up with Shay today for What's Up Wednesday

What we're eating this week...
Last night I made taco soup for D and I ate a mini breakfast sandwich (anyone else make something for supper and then don't feel like eating it?).
Tonight we're eating grilled chicken strips and veggies.
Wednesday and Thursday we have Thanksgiving with both families.
Friday I'll probably still be full and won't want to eat ha!


What I'm reminiscing about...
Five years ago Friday was mine and Dustin's first date!  It's so crazy to think we started dating 5 years ago and just celebrated 2 years of marriage.  I plan on doing a little something to celebrate Friday night after Dustin gets off work!


What I'm loving...
I absolutely love this holiday season.  This is my favorite time of the year!  I love the memories made during this time of the year.
Thanksgiving 2015


What we've been up to...
Other than finishing decorating for Christmas a few days ago, we haven't really done anything special.


What I'm dreading...
I can't think of anything I am dreading?!  After Thanksgiving break, we have 3 weeks left of school and that includes prepping for semester exams and giving them.  Kids will be a little stir crazy before getting out for Christmas!


What I'm working on...
...planning for mine and Victoria's Christmas link up!  If you still haven't seen our link up schedule, you can find that here.  I hope you'll plan on joining us!


What I'm excited about...
Visiting with family tonight and all day tomorrow!  Dustin and I have Thanksgiving meals Wednesday night, Thursday for lunch, and Thursday afternoon.  For the first time ever, we're free on Thursday night so I am really looking forward to being at home together relaxing and watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (he thinks we'll be watching football ;) )


What I'm watching/reading...
Watching LOTS of Hallmark Christmas movies and I finished the winter season of Grey's.  I really need to catch up on This Is Us!  Dustin and I like to watch it together and haven't had time/he's wanted to watch football during his free time.

I haven't been reading much lately and am in need of a really good book rec!!


What I'm listening to...
some Christmas music along with The Avett Brothers pandora station--my favorite!


What I'm wearing...





What I'm doing this weekend...
BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!!!!  And with my mom!  I'm pretty excited about it!  Saturday is the Iron Bowl--Alabama vs Auburn game--and even though I was raised an Alabama fan, going to The University of Alabama for college makes it even more special to root for Alabama!


What I'm looking forward to next month...
CHRISTMAS EVERYTHING


What else is new...
Not much is new!  I can't believe how fast this year has flown by and that December is next week--is that a sign of getting older when I feel like the years are flying by?!

17 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo, you and your mama are going to have the best time, you get those deals girl!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your amazing family!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to look back on anniversaries of things! My Facebook time hop just reminded me this week that I became Facebook friends with my one SIL and my MIL after their trip down here 5 years ago to meet me after MG and I had started dating. And 5 years ago this weekend, I was going up there on a train after Thanksgiving to celebrate his 30th birthday and meet the rest of his family...and it was the weekend he told me he loved me. Your post reminded me of that happy memory, so thank you! :)
    Also, I'm jealous that you guys have the day off today. We have a 2 hour early release today....they make it really difficult to travel (or you just take the day off). It would have been nice to have today off at the very least, but oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dress and cardigan! Enjoy your long weekend and the holiday! And we

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute first picture of you and Dustin! Have fun shopping with your mom! Happy Thanksgiving! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for finally being off!! I hope you and your mom have a successful day black friday shopping - and you enjoy your gobs of Thanksgiving meals. Totally laughing when you say you made a sandwich instead of eating dinner. I have often felt that way after making something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so with you in trying to soak up everything this season has to offer! Enjoy Thanksgiving with your family girl! Xo, Biana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your outfits! How sweet your first date was five years ago! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally didn't see that WUW had been moved up a week! I'm so sad that I missed it! And girl, I am loving your entire wardrobe! I want all of it! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are on full on Christmas mode and I need to catch up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to hop on the Hallmark Christmas movies train, I've been seriously slacking! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and time with the family <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for Black Friday shopping with my Mama as well :) And your link ups!

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...my fiance and I just celebrated the anniversary of our first date earlier this month too! Isn't it so fun to think back about those times?? You look so beautiful in that throwback picture you shared! Your eyes!! : ) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am obsessed with your gingham shirt dress-as a teacher too those are my favorite kind of dresses!

    xoxo, SS


    Southern And Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your cute outfits. Where is that gingham dress from? It would be perfect for work! I'm a teacher too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hallmark movies are the best!! And I love hose outfits! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete