Monday, October 3, 2016

Weekend Recap: Happy October!

It's Monday (and October...which is my birthday month!!!) and the temperature where I live is back in the 80s.  Not a fun start to a new week.  Friday was much cooler temperature-wise so you better believe I took advantage of it--I even broke out the scarf!
 This outfit was from Thursday (apparently I forgot to take a picture Friday) but I dressed in a sweater and scarf on Friday.  Oh, and please notice that I'm still wearing warm weather shoes--it's hard to dress completely fallish when the high for the day is 75.



 I love it when my mom sends me snaps.  This is what I got Friday evening from her haha!



 After Dustin got home Friday evening and we had supper, I went ahead and hopped in the shower so I could get my pajamas on and catch up on Grey's.  I laid on the couch under a blanket watching Grey's while he listened to the local football game on the radio.  Neither one of us paid attention to what the other was wearing until I got up to go to bed.  We were wearing the same shirt from high school!  It was from Dustin's senior year and my freshman year haha!



 The weather Saturday morning was perfect so I was able to easily run 5 miles.



 Then my dad and I went to get my Popo to take him to breakfast for his birthday.



 I met my sister for coffee (and maybe a cookie....) at the local coffee shop.  We ended up staying and talking for over an house--my favorite thing to do!



 I got home and had a package waiting on the front porch!  I am so excited!  I'm hoping we can hang it today and then I'll share it this week!  We're now waiting on Victoria to get hers in the mail :)  #twinswitheverything



 I decided to give this shirt to my sister--you're welcome, Rach.  ;)


And this was our Saturday night football watching...








 At least I paid enough attention and got to see the end of the Georgia Tennessee game.  Funny how Tennessee can win in the last second, but LSU's last second play didn't count against Auburn lsat week.


I'm always horrible with Sunday pictures--church, shopping at Sephora and JCrew (I'll share this week!), watching Hallmark movies, out to eat with my sister, dad, and Dustin, and then we got home and...
Went over bills that were due and paid them...together.  Dustin was so happy--he loves dealing with numbers and being organized like that and I just sat there and wrote stuff down in our checkbook and updated our balance ha.  This is one area of our lives where we definitely compliment each other!


Now I'm looking forward to making it through this last full week of school and then I will have a 4 day weekend!  We are out next Monday and Tuesday for fall break and I CANNOT WAIT!

Linking up with Biana

19 comments:

  1. Yay for a 4 day weekend!!! Sounds like such a great weekend. I love how you guys ended up wearing the same shirt - too funny! Can't wait to hear about your shopping haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend girl!! Love that you guys wore the same shirt without knowing it - G and I do that all the time with a race shirt we both have!! Paying bills - isn't it strange what gets guys happy LOL! Happy Monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you guys had a great weekend! So funny that you guys were wearing the same shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally feel you on dressing for fall. I am doing it too. But my footwear stays summer. What a fun weekend! Love that y'all ended up wearing the same t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you both wore the same shirt and didn't realize it at first! Coffee shops with family or friends is the best! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fall scarf and cardigan! Looks so cozy! My school is on Fall Break right now..and it's delightful to be in comfy clothes and on my computer instead of teaching right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your fall outfit. I am so ready to break out my scarves and sweaters. Its getting super close here but not quite cool enough. Favorite season for fashion, for sure. Love that you guys ended up matching.

    The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you with fall break! I always get jealous of those who are teachers when the school/holiday breaks come up ;-) And okay your house looks so cozy at night..even if it is while watching football!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun weekend! It is back up to 80 here today, too. It claims it will be in the 60s come Saturday so I'm trying to enjoy one last heat blast!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your living room chair? It looks so cute and cozy! Have a great Monday! -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Fall Break coming up, I know makes for you one happy lady! It's just so nice to have that crisp little break! Looks like a great weekend and how cute are you guys in your matching T-shirts! Happy week ahead beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that y'all chose the same shirt without realizing it. Looks like a great weekend. Yay for fall break!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OUR GAME WAS JUST PURE AGONY!!!! So exciting, but so incredibly heartbreaking. B and I are going to go back and watch a couple of the plays on the TiVo tonight because I swear, there were a couple of bad calls that helped Tennessee out tremendously.

    And so true about LSU's play last week!!

    Happy birth month, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Month! With a four day weekend on the horizon, hopefully this week will fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally rocked sandals and a sweater Friday, loving this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds lovely! My mom does the same thing... eats several thin slices/tiny pieces rather than just cutting a whole piece. Glad you got to do some fun shopping, catch up on Grey's (SO MUCH DRAMA) and hang out with your hubby. I'm sure you're counting down the days until Fall Break.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun weekend, and yay for birthday month!!!! The temps were definitely a lot cooler last Thursday and Friday, here in Nashville too! I definitely took advantage of it while it lasted lol we're back in the 80's this week too :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally feel you on dressing half for warm weather/half for chilly...I've been wearing scarves and boots when it's still in the 70s here in Oregon haha. I am so ready for the fall season!! Just not the rain..we get a LOT of that here. Happy birthday month!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for Fall weather in Alabama & four-day weekends! I'm sneaking away from school on Friday and my husband and I are heading down to the beach for one last little getaway before the fall craziness kicks in! Enjoy the rest of your week :)

    xoxo, SS

    Southern And Style

    ReplyDelete