Slider

October Currently

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Happy Thursday, y'all!! 
 After today, all I have is one more day standing between me and a 4 day weekend.  Can you tell I'm a little excited?!  ha!

Today is a crazy-busy day for me.  It's Rock n Roll Day at school today, so I'll be sporting my new Led Zeppelin t-shirt and we've also got a pep rally this afternoon.  On top of that, we're having required drills--severe weather and evacuation, so today may be like herding cats.  

I thought I'd share a little bit about what's going on Currently....

Eating... Wild game.  Tuesday Dustin and I went to the Alabama Wildlife Federation Wild Game Cook Off.  I'm a huge fan of deer meat and anything gamey (if that's a word), so I totally enjoyed it.  I'll be sharing more about it tomorrow for Friday Favorites!


Reading...  I just started Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover and I'm waiting on Knowing God by J.I. Packer to come in the mail.  That's what I'm really ready to read!  I've talked about how much I love She Reads Truth before, and right now I'm doing their Psalms of Gratitude study.  It's exactly what I need right now in this season of life.


Listening... Okay so I'm not listening to Christmas music...yet ;)  I've been listening to a wide variety of things--Lauren Daigle, Alabama Shakes, Avett Brothers, Bon Iver, Led Zeppelin.

Obsessing... Getting curtains for my dining room made and decorating the front porch and decorating my house for Christmas!

Dreaming... About what my house would look like if I had an unlimited amount of money and could buy everything I loved in catalogs and stores for my home.  I was flipping through my Ballard Designs catalog yesterday, and this one piece I had been eyeing for months is finally on sale.  And it's sale enough that I'm willing to pay that price.  Now to do some measuring and configuring before I bite the bullet and buy.

Buying... 2 rocking chairs for the front porch!  We bought them unfinished and Dustin is busy staining them.  One is stained and needs a protective top coat and the other is still unfinished.  He may knock those out this weekend!


Linking up with Annie


15 comments:

  1. I wish we had an unlimited amount of money (and a designer) for our house too! Would be so much fun to pick things out! :) Have fun at Rock n Roll Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that wildlife event sounds super neat! Can't wait to hear more about it. Wouldn't that be lovely to have unlimited funds to decorate with? The things I would buy!! Happy almost 4 day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a busy day today!! I can't wait to decorate for Christmas. I think I do it earlier and earlier each year. I agree on the unlimited house budget. There are so many things I could do haha. Ballard gets me every time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home decorating struggles are so real. I am trying to basically prioritize buying one nice piece per month to slowly get ours furnished. I so badly want an entry way table and just keep waiting for a perfect piece, it's so hard! AND I am loving the floral blouse you are wearing, it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a crazy busy day at school!! Pep rally & drills? Those kids are going to be wild lol. Love Ballard's stuff!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unlimited funds for decorations, yes please. Everything would be perfect if only I had the money to buy everything I've ever wanted. One of the bigger purchases I want to make is the glass bedroom furniture set at Pier1. I love the glass nightstands and the tan headboard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to a long a weekend too. And I daydream all the time about endless money to decorate and have fun rooms in my house...maybe one day? Wishful thinking for sure! A girl can dream can't she :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you get in that top in the first picture? so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fall break is so close for you...yay! I can't wait to see your new piece that you plan on ordering and your rocking chairs!! I so wish we had an actual front porch area on our house so I could have some rocking chairs...definitely a must on our next house, that we are hoping to build! I have also been dreaming of what our house is going to look like decorated for Christmas...I am so excited! Have fun decorating your front porch for fall!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your taste in music... it seems about as eclectic as mine! I ADORE Led Zeppelin, and half of the people I know are like, "Who?" And I'm like, "WHAT?!?!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love (love love love!) your top in that first pic!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I'm almost finished with Uninvited, and looking for my next read. Knowing God seems like it will be excellent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could go for some Christmas music right about now and am already planning new Christmas ideas and getting some of my shopping out of the way! Tis the season.. Almost!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love rockers!! We need to stay and seal some picnic tables for our backyard this weekend. Hope you have a great one!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan