Slider

Labor Day Weekend Happenings!

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Three day weekends always seem so surreal to me.  On one hand I get really excited on Sunday nights knowing that I don't have to work the next day, but then Monday night rolls around and it seems so strange to be going to school the next day.  Regardless, it's a four day week and I like it!

Here's a quick recap of a few of the things I did this weekend!

 Dustin walked in the house Friday after getting off of work and surprised me with my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season!  And the best part?  He got my order right!  Nonfat, no whip  (and sugar free syrup when applicable).

Funny story about PSL:  Last fall when I turned 28, I decided it was time to grow up and drink coffee.  The PSL from Starbucks was the first "coffee" drink that I could tolerate--actually I loved it--so now I like to officially call myself a coffee drinking adult haha!



 On Saturday morning, my sister and I went to my dad's to get some exercise in since he lives in such a great neighborhood (aka flatter roads than mine).  Rachel ran a little bit with me and then ended up riding her bike the rest of my 3 mile run.  I love having company while running!


 Work out done for the day!


Saturday was spent at the grocery store and in the kitchen preparing for the big football games that night.


 This crazy guy that I'm married to needed to get his lucky Alabama gear on to prepare for the UA vs USC game.



 Our random spread: pizza rolls, loaded baked potato dip, cheesy bacon and ranch bread, and pumpkin butterscotch bars!

All I can say is....ROLL TIDE!!


 Sunday morning I got up early to walk before church.  The weather was great!



 I decided to wear white jeans to church, too.  I'm all for white after Labor Day as long as it's appropriate fabric--meaning, I'll be wearing these white jeans all winter long :)
(PS My white jeans are on MAJOR sale right now!)



And if you saw my IG story (@saraheshaneyfelt), then you saw my sister and her two dogs. We met up at the park yesterday morning to walk two miles around the park.  I forget how much slower it takes when you have not one, but two dogs to walk ;)  I really love spending time with my sister, and I'm so thankful we live less than 10 minutes apart!

Linking up with Biana and Whitney

14 comments:

  1. Cheesy bacon and ranch bread - it's not even 7 AM and I'm drooling!! So glad you had a great weekend girl and yay that PSL's are back!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun weekend! that loaded potato dip sounds amazing..I need the recipe! I too am wearing my white jeans all the time! What after Labor Day run!? I loved your insta snaps yesterday, I laughed at your sister buckling her dogs into the car. What a fun weekend, especially for a teacher who didn't have to work on Monday! Have a great 4 day week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so beautiful in those white pants! And that is exactly how I order my PSL and how simply sweet was that! Have a great short week beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I'm not ready for PSLs quite yet but I love that it was your first "adult" coffee drink! :)

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh your spread looks delish!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all of that football food! Definitely one of my favorite parts of football season!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a coffee fan either - maybe I need to try the psl though! Your football spread looks delicious and I love all the outside time you got in with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go Dustin! Yay for him getting your drink order right! I am still not a big coffee drinker...but I have started drinking iced coffee occasionally! Maybe one day I will be able to drink it warm lol. Love your random football spread! That bread sounds incredible!!!! Loving those white pants...and that whole outfit lol so cute! Have a great week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet of him to bring you your favorite coffee! Sounds like the perfect weekend to me - exercise, errands, football and quality husband time!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. We listened to the end of your game on the way home from ATL after our game was over. I'm glad y'all were able to pull out a win for the SEC!! Some of the other SEC teams struggled!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a fellow educator I know how you feel about 3 day weekends! Sunday night is so nice but Monday night is so rough! I need the recipe for the loaded baked potato dip... sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. At 33, I still can't make myself drink coffee so YAY for you! I love a good finger-food meal for gamedays at home! The perfect stay-in kind of night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am def going to have to try a PSL the same way you order it. I LOVE me a Starbucks PSL but they are SO sweet they tend to make my stomach hurt. Thinking if I try your order that might help!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooooh, girl-those recipes are going to need to be on your blog soon! (except for the pizza rolls, of course ;) I would love to know how to make all of those, they sound like perfect tail-gating recipes!

    xoxo, SS

    Southern And Style

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan