Monday, September 12, 2016

Blogtember 2016: Three Books!

I decided last minute (as in, early Monday morning) to participate in today's challenge.  I usually do a Weekend Recap, but since I did a Day in the Life post on Saturday or my Friday, I decided to skip it.


Today's prompt is all about three books--one you've read, one your'e currently reading, and one you want to read.  As an English teacher, y'all know this is right up my alley...plus, I need a good book recommendation!

Recently Read:  I'm really embarrassed to say that the last book I read was in July (check out my recap here of those books).  And the last book I read at the end of July was Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng.  It wasn't my favorite book but I read it for my book club; however, lots of ladies in my book club really enjoyed it.  I think one of the reasons why I didn't enjoy it was because I read 3 happy books in July and then this one and it was darker.  I also found it annoying that the point of view changed so many times because for me, it wasn't a fluid change.

Currently Reading:  I'm kind of reading Here's to Us by Elin Hilderbrand, but I've since put it down after chapter 2 and started watching Downton Abbey--which I do in any free time I have.  I read two Elin books in July, and I think I want to take a little break from her for a while.

Want to Read:  I need a good book recommendation!  If I'm going to take a bread from watching Downton Abbey, I need it to be guaranteed to be good!  I think I want to read a Kristin Hannah book, but I'm not sure.  I can't wait to read everyone's posts today and hopefully get a few ideas!

24 comments:

  1. You should read The Light Between Oceans before the movie comes out. It is slow in the beginning but it picks up and is definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to add this to my list! I was debating whether I should read it but the movie looks so good so I imagine the book is even better!

      Delete
    2. I just saw the movie over the weekend and now I really want to read the book!

      Delete
  2. I am in need of some recommendations, too. I am in the middle of The Matchmaker by Elin H. and it's just not my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't already, One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid is so good! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read a book since July either. August caught up to me and with school in session now... my extra time is filled with homework! :( I have been loving everyone's posts today about reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like everyone in this comments thread is kind of in a reading slump, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are thinking about Kristen Hannah, I read Firefly Lane years ago and enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Love your blog! I recommend I said Yes, by Emily Maynard! Have a great Monday! www.thegrimeslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. For The Love by Jen Hatmaker is amazing, I just finished it along with Uninvited by Lysa Terkeurst! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I highly recommend The Good Girl by Mary Kubica if you haven't read it. Very suspenseful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love Kristin Hannah's historical fiction books, The Nightingale and Winter Garden. I also really loved Magic Hour and Home Front (also by Kristin Hannah)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let me know when you finish Here to Us if it's any good! I want to read The Light Between Oceans. We're going on vacation soon so I need to get a few ideas myself of a few books to take!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have yet to read any Elin Hilderbrands, but I really need to. I had never heard of her until I started reading Shay's blog and now I want to read all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually started Everything I Never Told You and couldn't finish it. I wasn't a huge fan. I read The Nightingale a few months ago and thought it was pretty good. Not as amazing as All the Light We Cannot See but still good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just ready Summerland by Elin Hilderbrand this weekend and it was really good. I love all Kristin Hannah so I fully support that decision.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flight Patterns by Kristin Hannah was so beautiful. It does change perspectives but does it pretty well. I only say this because I got through it without too much trouble and I am not a fan of changing perspectives.

    houseofharrison.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I recommend a few of Joy Fielding's books: "Whispers and Lies", "Heartstopper", "Mad River Road", and "Lost". Her books are generic adult mystery and romance with family drama, nothing that will amaze you, but they will keep you intrigued for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so good about reading in August but I've totally fallen off the wagon these past few weeks. I second the recommendations of The Light Between Oceans and The Good Girl above! So great. And I read The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry last month and it was the sweetest, most endearing book ever. Highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I participated in a blogger book swap recently and my partner sent me The Language of Flowers. Have you read that yet? Everyone that read it said it's amazing!!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  19. Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley is a great book! I absolutely loved reading it.

    Stef
    the Noveltea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will get hooked on an author, read all their stuff, and then be like ugh I'm over that now LOL! Right now I am reading a The Lies We Told...wait is that the title? Ughhh brain fart.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have been in a reading slump too.. i have been reading on and off and keep getting distracted and end up not reading.

    ReplyDelete
  22. No book with worth taking a break from Downton for hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...