Monday, August 1, 2016

Weekend Recap!!

Happy Monday, girls!  I have missed y'all and I am so glad to be back!  Lots of things have happened over the past few weeks, and I'll definitely be filling y'all in this month.

But for now, I want to review this past weekend!  Can you believe it's already August?!  Sadly, today is my last Monday off of work, and it's back to school I go on Friday!  (And I'm so not ready haha!)

Onto this past weekend...

FRIDAY

I did nothing picture-worthy Friday during the day, and honestly I forgot to take pictures, too. That's what happens when you take a blogging break and aren't going around taking pictures of everything you do ha!

I did laundry, cleaned, and read.  I told Dustin that I wanted us to have an at-home date night that night, so we ordered pizza and watched The Big Short on Netflix.  It was a fantastic movie!!  I learned so much--and it was also a little infuriating to see what big businesses/banks get away with.  If you've watched it, what were your thoughts during the movie?  And did you understand everything?
 Side note: Our TV isn't picking up Netflix, so we're forced to watch it on the laptop #firstworldprobs


SATURDAY

As I was leaving the house to go on a run Saturday morning, D was already up and working at stripping and sanding the last chair for our breakfast table.  We bought this set off of Craigslist before we got married.  Before we moved into our new house, he stripped, sanded, and restained the table and 5 chairs from a cherry to a mahogany --I still needed the 6th chair to do my grad school homework at the old apartment!  So a year later, he finally gets to the very last chair!!

And since I still wasn't in the habit of taking pictures, after running I met my little sister at Kroger to do some shopping for our older sister's going away party that was mid-day Saturday.  We had such a great time with family and are really going to miss Stefanie!

We stayed at Rachel and Nick's house talking after the party was over and got home later than we had expected.  Our Saturday night went like this....
I'm reading a new book and Dustin is using my iPad watching a football documentary on Netflix.  #goals?


SUNDAY

Sunday morning was church :)

After church we had a mini-photo shoot before leaving to go furniture shopping.


 Real life, y'all


We took a side trip to Costco afterwards and seeing this Halloween decoration in their store makes me so happy for fall weather to get here!



 A sneak peak of dinner--I'll share the recipe soon!


...And more Netflix Sunday night.  So ready for this documentary to be finished!  #pleaseonlyhaveoneseason


Linking up with Biana

14 comments:

  1. So happy you are back! I loved The Big Short! It was so, so good and like you said, infuriating, too! Did you guys make a final decision on your furniture?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back girl!! Oh my gosh talk about being frustrating with netflix! That taco bake looks so good - can't wait to see the recipe! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are halloween decorations already out? OMG!! I'm not excited to have to start teaching again in a few weeks, but I'm ready for fall weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you're back! I would love to see more of your plans for school this year, especially since this is my very first year of teaching 7th grade-I love learning more from fellow teachers!

    xoxo, SS

    Southern And Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoohoo sweet Sarah is baaaack!! You and Mr....as cute as Evah!! Now I'm excited for your recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to see the big short! My hubby has already watched it and he said it makes you so mad at times because of what happened haha.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Halloween already?! I am not ready for that! Long live summer! :) I will need to put The Big Short on my list of movies to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to hear all that you guys have been up to! I really can't believe it's your last week off - summer flew!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh hey, Sarah!! I can't wait to hear what's been going on with you! I can't believe it's already time for you to go back to school... seems like just yesterday you were saying that you were off for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo hoo! Glad you're back!! I hope you are enjoying your last week off, so sad that summer is almost over. We watched The Big Short, and I thought it was okay, definitely interesting! My husband had to explain some things to me lol because I didn't understand everything...so much stuff in one movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you're back! I can't wait to see the recipe. My heart got so happy seeing the Fall stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. #GOALS, love you! will miss you much:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I watched the Big Short - and enjoyed it, but now that it is on Netflix, I might watch it again to understand more what happened. But, yes, it is crazy people made money while other people lost a lot!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad to see you are back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...