Slider

Weekend Happenings!

Monday, August 22, 2016

Happy Monday, y'all!  I seriously cannot believe that it's already Monday.  The weekends are not long enough, and they make me feel like...
 ...During the school year.  During the summer, I can't remember what day it is :)

Join me as I review a few things that happened this weekend!



 Friday night high school football started again!  It was our jamboree and we played a huge rival.  And then it poured down raining.


This was what it looked like at one point during the game.


 We were the only dummies in the stadium who didn't bring an umbrella, rain jacket, or poncho.  I took Dustin's hat from him to keep the rain from pelting me in the eyes, but the water soaked right through the hat.  After a couple of minutes into the 2nd quarter, I looked at Dustin and told him that I couldn't take it any longer haha!  

As soon as we walked out of the stadium, the rain let up just enough for us to get to the truck before it poured again.
He wanted to get proof that I didn't melt during rain.  Notice the bottom half of my shirt is dry thanks to my purse!



 We hopped back in the truck before the bottom let out and we are both soaked!



 Saturday morning I meal planned.  



 And then hit up both Walmart and Kroger.


And then while I was eating lunch and watching another episode of Downton Abbey, the doorbell rang...
 And I got this!!!!!  Shay had emailed me a while back about sending me a copy of her newest cookbook, but I wasn't expecting it until September.  I immediately texted my blogging besties, Victoria and Emily, to show them what her new cookbook looks like!



 I love the packaging and the items that came with it.  Mix & Match Mama Eats goes on sale October 1 and I highly recommend that you pre-order yours!  You can do that through Amazon--trust me, you want this cookbook!



 I baked my go-to cake for a dinner that night with a group from church.



 While the cake cooked, I read the cookbook.  I texted Victoria this picture--doesn't that sweater look like it's from JCrew?  She and I both think so :)  Also, I need that necklace Shay is wearing because I love long necklaces.  Is it Stella & Dot?



Our Dinners 4 group from church.  Next month I will have my selfie stick!



 Sunday night I put my #1 favorite movie of all time in the DVD player in our bedroom so I could paint my nails and watch the movie at the same time.



And this guy joined me to "watch" it, too.  (P.S. Still looking for artwork to go above the dresser.)



Linking up with Biana

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh girl I can't believe you even lasted that long - if it were me in the rain I would have been gone ASAP!! Such a fun package to receive - can't wait to see what you make from it!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED getting the picture of Shay's cookbook! I am definitely going to preorder that...once my no spend month is done. :) The football game picture is crazy with all the rain - also just a really great picture of the players, too! I still need to see When Harry Met Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The day after my husband and I got engaged, we went to a state park to make our wedding plans while we hiked and enjoyed nature, and it was the most BEAUTIFUL day...until the very end, when the skies just LET LOOSE. We hid in a coffee shop for a while and then made a mad dash for the car. We looked a lot like you guys in our car selfie! It took about 2 1/2 hours to get back to our own town, and we were SOAKED the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw your post on Instagram, I was immediately jealous. And then I immediately went to pre-order it! Looks like you had a good weekend lady. Hope you've dried out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! If I would have just had a few drops on me I could take it but you totally were brave and sat through all of that! Happy Monday! (Or, whatever day it is ;))

    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a busy, full weekend! Congrats for staying so long in the rain - not sure I would have made it that long without a raincoat or poncho. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go staying in the rain so long!! So fun about the cookbook and that cake you were making looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our football season started this past Friday night with our son playing, I cannot imagine all that rain but we've been in games like that before. Awesome feeling to have all those meals planned and I just pre-ordered Shay's cookbook, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GIRL, weren't you SO excited to receive that cookbook?! I almost died when Shay emailed me a couple of weeks ago and asked if I wanted one!! Um, yes please!! And then did you see that she tagged both of us in a picture she posted?! DYING. I'm going to try the Taco Joes and Chicken and Ranch Pasta this week!! EEK.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still getting over your IG post over the weekend from Shay's package! Fabulous!! You lasted much longer than I would have at the game...wife of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our master bedroom is set up similarly, and we don't have any kind of decor over Jamie's chest either! I've just never seen a decor idea that I loved, but I'm still on the hunt! So exciting about receiving Shay's book! I'm so happy to see your blog taking off and truly LOVE keeping up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am seriously so in awe that you were lucky enough to get an advanced copy of her cookbook, that is SO cool! Also in awe of the fact that you lasted so long in that rain, I love high school football too-but I'm not that tough! Haha!

    xoxo, SS

    Southern And Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cool to get an email from Shay asking to share her new cookbook with you!! That's amazing!! It looks like a great one :) Sorry about the down pour at your game. That same thing happened to us a few years ago at Notre Dame and all we could do was laugh because we were SOAKED and about a mile or two away from our car.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan