Monday, August 15, 2016

Weekend Happenings

Happy Monday, friends!  I'm all rested up from the weekend and ready to take on the week :)

Here's a little recap of this weekend's happenings:


 A sweet student gave me this cupcake in class on Friday.....while I was sitting at my desk eating an apple (it was during break).  So I told her after I finished my apple, I would eat her cupcake...and I did :)  Carrot cake--yum!



 Then Friday evening I finished up season two of When Calls the Heart.  I watched season 3 this past winter and had no idea it had 2 previous seasons.  Hopefully Netflix will hurry up and get season 3 so I can rewatch and understand things much better.  And since I finished my show, I started watching Downton Abbey on Amazon Prime.  I've heard so many great things about it and can't wait to continue watching more!



 Saturday morning I ran while it was raining, so I had to dry out my running clothes before throwing them in the clothes hamper.  I ran 3 miles and it was great!



 I received a late wedding gift!!  It was so fun getting to open another wedding gift--thank you, Ashley!


Mom and I went shopping and I ended up getting two tops:




 I woke up way too early on Sunday :(  :(  In order to make it our Lifegroups on time, I don't have to get up until 7:30.  I guess since my school wake up time is 5 AM that I technically did sleep in....right? haha!


Dustin and I attended a luncheon at church to mingle with visitors and new members.  Afterward, he went to go work on his camper for his hunting land and I went with my sister to JCrew.  I found these beauties that I absolutely need.  




 Love sister time!



After grocery shopping, I rushed home and made this diabetic friendly pecan pie.  My husband is a type 1 diabetic, so I try to make food that's conducive to his diet!  Plus, this pecan pie is so good that anyone could sub it for a regular pecan pie if you're trying to diet and still want to eat pie at Thanksgiving!


Linking up with Biana

14 comments:

  1. Carrot cake is one of my favorites - so sweet of your student to bring you a cupcake! My mom has all the seasons of Downton Abbey and I have watched a few and love it. Definitely think I need to start back on those again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pie looks yummy!! I love a good run in the rain, as long as it's not a pour down, lol! Adore your cute new tops and sounds like you've got some sweet students this year!! Cupcakes for Mrs. Shaneyfelt everyday!!!! ;-) Happy Minday sweetness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those tops on you - especially the first one! Way to go on that run, I can imagine how hot it was for you!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo those tops! So cute! That cupcake looked yummy, too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to get in some running time even though it was raining! Looks like y'all had a great weekend - hope you have an even better week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of the new tops you got!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love When Calls the Heart! I'm starting Downton Abbey this fall and can't wait :) Love those New Balance shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to check out When Calls the Heart! Sounds like a great weekend and that cupcake looks delicious - how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of those new tops are so pretty!! And how sweet that one of your students brought a cupcake for you... carrot cake is Brian's favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will you post the recipe for the pecan pie? It looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted to package cupcakes in clear cups like that one! Such a smart way to not smoosh your yummy treat and I love carrot cake. Love your ne tops especially the one with the layered ruffles. Your hair is looking fabulous and I have tennis shoe envy!! That's on my to do list this week - find some new shoes!! Hope you're having a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of those tops! Now I will be on loft.com all morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to have to get your pie recipe! Pecan pie is always my favorite/worst thing at thanksgiving. Type 1 life is rough ;) Also, I am so excited to hear that When Calls the Heart has a season 3. I watched the other 2 on netflix and thought that the series was over. Yay for new shows :)

    ReplyDelete