Slider

Show and Tell Tuesday + a Guest Post!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Hi friends!  I'm checking in today for two reasons:  I really wanted to participate in the House Tour Show and Tell with Andrea AND I have a guest post that I've written :)  I have really enjoyed this mini break, but I've also missed y'all!  My little break will probably be ending before school starts back because I am excited to get back to writing.

First, head on over to Evelina's blog to check out my top 3 things to do in Alabama!  I live in such a wonderful state, and it was so hard narrowing my list down to 3 items.

Now, onto Show and Tell Tuesday!  

If you want to see my house right after we finished building last summer, click on my Home Tours tab on the right hand side.  You can also check out the other homes I've featured on my blog, too.  (Side note: I'm bringing this series back!)

Today I'm not going to show my entire house, but I'm going to show a few of the rooms I've updated and added to since the last time I took pictures.

A few before pictures....
(Remember, click here to see the rest)


And the updated pictures!
 I'm unhappy with this entry way.  I don't like that picture there, and it's all so dark with all of the wood.  I'm going to replace the picture and lamp and re-style this dresser eventually.  I've got other things that I'm working on right now, but I'm always on the lookout for the perfect piece of artwork and home decor items!


 I added curtains and finished styling a few pieces--especially the mantle.






I used the same curtains from the living room in the breakfast room since the house is an open-concept floor plan and I wanted things to flow.  I also added a picture--a cow picture from my mom and I had framed.

In our bedroom...
 I added the most beautiful curtains!  I've still got to add the tiebacks on the left and right so the curtains look like they are framing the room.  And I'm still looking for the perfect piece of art to place above the chest of drawers.  I bought something last weekend but it was too small so my mom is using it in her mudroom. 
(The curtain rods look like they are slanting, but I think they look like that because I took this picture on the pano setting on my iPhone.)


And I added three botanical prints on the opposite side of the windows.  I'm still looking for art to go above each nightstand.  (So to sum it up, I'm always looking for artwork haha!)

Of course there are a million things I still want to do to the house:
-decide on a dining room table and purchase it before school starts
-buy a buffet and refinish it
-find chairs that are cheaper than $250/chair for the dining room
-buy a leather sectional for the upstairs tv room
-buy a tv for the upstairs tv room haha
-add more decorative pieces throughout the house

I'm glad to be back blogging today and I can't wait to check out the other blogs linking up for the home tour!

16 comments:

  1. I love your house! The entry rug is gorgeous - I love the colors and the style! So glad you popped back in today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Your house is gorgeous and totally my style! Love your living room!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! SO pretty and love what you've done. Can't wait for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you've done to your house so far! & I'm with you - I'm on the hunt for dining room chairs under $250, too. I'm beginning to think that it's an impossible mission!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're back to blogging, at least for now! If you're on the hunt for inexpensive dining chairs, check homegoods/TJ Maxx. I was in Birmingham last weekend and saw the most gorgeous tan dining chairs with tufted backs & if I had room for them, they would've come home with me!

    xoxo, SS

    Southern And Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a warm inviting house! Weird to say, but check Costco for dining chairs. We got a couple good ones

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! We're still trying to wrap up a few rooms at our house too so I totally understand always being on the lookout. Have you checked World Market or Target for chairs? Sometimes you can snag a good deal there.
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is beautiful and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your home - it is beautiful!! The front door, LOVE LOVE...I am a sucker for beautiful front doors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your house is so beautiful! And I LOVE your front door! I would love to change ours and add a door like that! And welcome back, if just for a day... I've missed following along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your updates! Especially the light airy curtains on the main floor. I am with you girl, we are just beginning to furnish our almost done house and I'm pretty sure it will be a never ending work in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Welcome back! Love love love the hardwood flooring. It caught my eye immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the personal touches you've added around your house!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're checking in sweet girl!! LOVE your decor style and what a great fireplace!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan