Monday, June 6, 2016

Packing List for our Summer Vacation

Since Dustin and I will be traveling out of the country this summer on vacation, I've already started thinking about what I will be packing--thinking being the key word :)  I've married someone who is completely opposite of me.  When I'm type A, he's type B and vice versa.  When it comes to packing, he's super type A and creates multiple lists while he packs.  

So far, I've just thought of a few things.  The nice people at HomeAway took the very few things I have thought of and put them on a list for me!  They also offer some really great tips on how to make the most of your next beach vacation!

summer vacation packing list


BOOKS

what she knew book cover
This book was given to me by one of my coworkers and I've been saving it for our trip.  I can't wait to start it because I know it's pretty suspenseful.


room book cover
Room is a book club book that I've got to read this summer.  I'll also be taking it along, too, so I can also watch the movie this summer!  Even if I don't have much time to read on the ship, I'll have plenty of time to read driving to and from our port.


BATHING SUITS

victoria's secret one piece bathing suit river life
I bought this suit from Victoria's Secret this summer.  It's not sold online but I linked one (40% off too!!) on their website that's really similar.  I'm so sad that this is their last year to sell swimwear--what will we all do next year when it comes summer?!

J. Crew one piece solid
I just ordered this one from J. Crew and I can't wait for it to come in.  I love the simplicity of it--and also the fact that J. Crew is having a 30% off sale right now!


SUNDRESSES FOR DINNER

lilly pulitzer dusk dress

I know I've showed y'all this before, but I've decided I'm wearing this Lilly dress for formal night with my wedding shoes (gold MK wedges).

That's about as far as I've thought about dinner dresses and I've got to decide on four more!  Thank goodness I have some time to think about it.

The last two items are REALLY important:

Sunscreen
Chargers for our Electronics


For those of you who have been on a cruise before, what else should I add to my packing list?

12 comments:

  1. Yep, sunscreen and chargers, most important for me too!! So excited for you guys...you're gonna have a ball and will be lots of memories in the making!! Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO packing, sike! I hate packing but when it's for something fun it's always a lil easier, right? Loving the LP dress, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for your trip coming up!!! I can't wait to read all about it, because we are going on our first cruise this November and I'll need all the tips I can get lol! Love those swim suits that you picked out, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sundresses are always the best - so comfortable to wear and so easy to pack up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great list! Loving that Lilly dress!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a serious overpacker!!! I came back from our beach trip with at least 4-5 shorts/t's I didn't wear and 2 dresses. Spending my time in bathing suits and coverups apparently is my jam!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO jealous of your vacation plans! I would suggest taking small denomination cash. There were random men who unloaded our luggage to the mass pile for the ship and vice versa on the day we came back. They expect a small tip. $1 a bag was our rule and what we read was appropriate. (This was also like 5 years ago.) We found it easier to use cash at our ports of call too...little souvenirs, snacks, drinks, etc. Also, it's not a horrible idea to bring a small flashlight (which 5 years later, we have those on our phones). Our ship lost power one night very briefly - less than 10 minutes. But it was DARK in our room. Try to leave one bag as empty as possible for bringing back things you buy and freebies. We said we wouldn't buy much, but we did. There's just too many fun options at the stops you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you guys are going to have the BEST time and I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I was planning a vacation! I love Lilly, and that dress is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gary is the same way with lists for when he travels - he's actually really good about that! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited you get to go on a cruise! I went on my first one a couple of years ago, and I wrote a post with some tips, which is here: http://bekahsbits.blogspot.com/2013/10/cruise-tips-for-newbies.html

    But I will also say if you like white noise, download the white noise app on your phone or take a small noise machine. If you're near rooms with kids or chronic snore-ers, you'll be glad to cover up that sound! I also bought some Skechers Go-Walks and they were a lifesaver for my tired feet in ports and even just around the ship. Flip flops are fun, but you're likely to be on your feet A LOT, so something you can slip on and off that are very cushioned will help!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your way of packing! I'm totally the Type A part when it comes to packing and I wish I wasn't! I think the T1D has a lot to do with it though :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...