Monday, May 9, 2016

Weekend Recap: Mother's Day Edition

Happy Monday, y'all!  I'm definitely counting down the days until school is out for the summer, and after today, I've only got two more Mondays left!  Two more!  Isn't that crazy to think?!  

I took a little blog hiatus last week on Thursday and Friday--my weekend felt like it started on Thursday because I had a concert that night I went to with Janie (I'll blog about that tomorrow).  

FRIDAY

 I love this text from my friend Hailey (and we are also teaching partners!).  She texted Friday morning afraid that I didn't make it home from the concert.  I laughed and had to screen shot it!


 We had Battle of the Classes Friday at school and my homeroom chose to wear neon colors.  It was a really fun day!



 I received this gorgeous cookie and sweetest, personalized thank you note from a student for Teacher Appreciation Week.  Isn't this the most beautiful cookie you've ever seen?!


And Friday after school, I went home, showered, and slept.  I only got 3.5 hours of sleep Thursday night/early Friday morning plus playing at Battle of the Classes, so I was beyond exhausted!  As in, I was so tired that I didn't even eat supper.



SATURDAY

Saturday was so fun!  I ran sprint intervals that morning, and Dustin and I went shopping.  We shopped for clothes for our upcoming cruise this summer and Costco for a few random items.


Then that night he had our families (minus my sister, BIL, and dad who were at a concert and my stepdad who was at a cattle sale) meet us at my favorite Mexican restaurant to celebrate my graduation!


Photo cred: Dustin

He also surprised me with my favorite cake!!


SUNDAY





 We had lunch to celebrate Dustin's mom!



And supper to celebrate my mom!


Linking up with Biana

17 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! So fun that Dustin surprised you with dinner and cake to celebrate. I LOVE your dress from Sunday - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun weekend! I remember getting to dress up for theme days in school - especially towards the end the rush of almost being done is the best! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, your mama and sis are sooo beautiful, love your bright dress too. And yes, prettiest cookie ever and duh, it should be for the prettiest teacher!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cookie is too pretty to eat!! What an awesome weekend! Congrats on your graduation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved seeing your snalchats this weekend from the concert! The cake and cookie are both so pretty!!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend! Where will you be going on your cruise! And happy (belated) teacher appreciation day! You deserve every ounce of that cookie! Teachers work so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those sweet cookies ;) Happy Teacher APP>Hope it was a great week
    Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic weekend! That cookie looks super cute and super delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That coookie is so pretty -- hope you had a good teacher appreciation week!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did have a busy weekend! That cookie is just precious!!!! Woo hoo for only 2 Mondays left!!! So exciting and I'm so jealous lol. Glad y'all had a great weekend celebrating with everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY!!! So excited for y'all to get to go on your cruise!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cookie is incredible! It always blows my mind how people can decorate that beautifully with frosting. Glad you had a good weekend! I hope your week is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fab weekend! That cookie is soo pretty, almost too pretty to eat, but I'm sure it tasted lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great weekend! That's such a sweet gift for teacher appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mexican to celebrate graduation - sounds fabulous! Loving your dress for the Mother's Day fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not sure which I love more, your ADORABLE (I think Lilly) dress or that cute little cookie! What a cute small gift idea! So glad you celebrated your graduation, so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you had a great weekend! That cookie almost looks too good to eat! -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete