Thursday, May 12, 2016

Thursday Confessions

Happy Thursday, y'all!  Part of me thinks this week has flown by, and then the rest of me feels like it's crawled by!  Honestly, the end of the school year is crazy, and I'm lucky if I even know my own name at the end of the day.


I'm linking up with Leigh today for Confessional Thursday!


ONE

I have never been more ready for the end of school to get here than this year.  I think having a free summer has a lot to do with it, but I'm tired, the kids are tired, we're all tired--and a little bit crazy!


TWO

My mom and I were talking about naked cakes and how we would only want them if they had lots of icing on each layer.  My mom was coming to my house last Thursday, so I decided to whip up one for her to take home.  And then I proceeded to eat it.....her cake....before she got to my house.  


THREE

One of my students brought me the latest Selection book to read and so I started it yesterday.  I love this series!  I highly recommend it as a summer book series!


FOUR

I hate washing my hair.  My hair is so thick and naturally wavy.  It takes a long time to dry and straighten my hair each day.  Now that school is nearing the end and I've discovered dry shampoo (thanks to my friend Kristi!), there have been many mornings--and will be lots more--where I've woken up and decided to use dry shampoo instead of washing my hair.  I know people do this all the time but this is a first for me!


FIVE

Speaking of sleeping, I'm a very OCD sleeper.  You can ask my husband and best friend.  I have to have the sheet and comforter perfectly even for me to even think about having a good night's sleep.  Whenever I would spend the night with my BFF, I would remake her bed so the sheet and comforter were even on all sides.  I also like to have the covers tucked in on the side of my body not next to my husband--since Dustin sleeps to the left of me, I have the covers on my right side tucked in around me.


SIX

I also shower or bathe every night before bed.  And after I've done that, I can't walk outside barefoot because I feel like my feet are dirty--if that happens, then I have to wash my feet before I get in bed.

Wow, I could do a whole post on my craziness!  I'll spare y'all and stop there ha!

I hope y'all have a great Thursday!

15 comments:

  1. I'm the same way with showering at night...I like to have extra time in the morning to not have to think about the shower LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dry shampoo is the best, isn't it? I discovered it only a couple years ago but it has saved me from having to wash my hair every single day. And I really want to try the names cake too!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA I love that you made your mom a cake then ate it. I would totally do the same thing! And isn't dry shampoo the greatest?! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try the dry shampoo but honestly... I think I use a shower to help wake me up in morning so I don't know if I will ever really get into it, lol! I'm absolutely neurotic about bedding so I feel you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up. I did not know there was another Thursday confession post. And I skip the cake and just eat frosting out of the tub.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl...dry shampoo has changed my life!! Best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first time on your blog, so I really enjoyed this post getting to know a little about you! Dry shampoo works such wonders for me, too. I wash my hair about twice a week, so I'll use it in between washes. My hair is very fine and long, so it doesn't absorb as well as I'd like, so I'm still on the hunt for THE perfect one, but the Dove has been doing the job. That's too funny about the cake, haha! It looks delicious, I mean, how can you really resist not eating it?! I'm the same way about sleeping, though, I have to have the blankets completely tucked in between my legs and sleep with a pillow tucked under my arms or else I just can't sleep! Luckily, my husband does't like to sleep with a comforter, so I have most of it to myself, haha! Anyway, thanks again for sharing and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the SAME way with sleeping!!!! The sheets and comforter have to be perfectly even. When we go on trips I always get so annoyed when the beds at the hotel aren't made up evenly lol. That cake looks SO good!! What kind is it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dry shampoo is my best friend! I have natural very curly hair and hate washing it because of the whole driving/straightening process after. I love the way naked cakes look!! And I can't blame you for eating it before she got there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for linking up!! I can't really understand the point of cake without icing - that is the best part right!! Haha, I am laughing at your sleeping OCD...once my head hits the pillow I am out, but I HAVE to be under covers, even in the heat of winter I have to be covered!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never commented before, but I just had to today. I am the exact same way about sleeping. The sheet and blanket have to be even and the side closest to the edge of the bed has to be tucked around me. I drive my husband nuts every night because I insist on fixing the bed to my liking before we can go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm an OCD sleeper as well!! I have to have the pillows a certain way, the blankets a certain way, the ceiling fan on high, and I always fall asleep on my right side. Jeez, I sound crazy! Glad I'm not the only one! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha. I love these. I really need to try dry shampoo. I would so do that with the cake and then feel guilty. Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha- that cake looks delicious! I would have eaten if before she got there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You crack me up with having to have your sheets tucked in! That cake seriously looks heavenly. I think I could eat the whole thing right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...