Wednesday, May 4, 2016

5 Tips for a Healthy, but Busy Lifestyle

It's already May 4th, summer is getting closer, and we're all looking to get in better shape.  I'll be honest, being a full-time grad student and working full-time kicked my tail.  Exercise went on the back burner for me.  But even though I wasn't able to have any sort of exercise, I tried implementing other ways to keep the pounds at bay.  Now that I'm fresh out of grad school, my exercise routine is back into place, I'm already used to eating better, so I'm hoping to lose the weight quickly!

I want to share with you 5 tips on how I was able to implement a healthy lifestyle when I didn't have time to exercise.



1. I start my day with a Spark.
I was hesitant when my sister began selling Advocare.  But she gave me a few free samples of Spark, and I gave it a shot.  I love this vitamin energy drink because it keeps me full, too.  Plus, one scoop is only 15 calories!!  I get up, drink my Spark, and then I'll eat breakfast a few hours later.

2. I try to eat some sort of protein at every meal.
For breakfast, I enjoy eating an Ezekiel whole grain English muffin with one tablespoon of natural peanut butter.  For lunch, I like a salad with spinach leaves and 3 ounces of fajita chicken.  Dinner is different each night.

3. I eat high protein snacks.
My favorite snack is a little container of 100 calorie strawberry Chobani Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup of Kind Protein granola.  This is about a 200 calorie snack.

I also like eating reduced fat cottage cheese and Think Think Peanut Butter Bites--or Kind bars even though they don't have a ton of protein.

4. I only drink water.
For some of you, this might be tough, but for me this is the easiest thing ever.  I love water!! Very rarely do I drink anything but water, but when I do, I splurge on things like lemonade, orange juice, or a coffee drink.  If you don't like water, try fruit infused water!  I love lemon, lime, and blueberry water.

5. I eat lower calorie sweets.
I'm a sweets girl.  I love it, and I've got to eat something sweet every single day.  I need to break myself of that habit!  Right now, I love the Yasso bars.  They are Greek yogurt popsicles (I find them at Kroger) and I like the chocolate chip cookie dough bars.  They are 100 calories each!


Now, am I perfect all the time?  No.  But each day is a new beginning and a new start to a healthier you!

Linking up with Erica and Jenn

19 comments:

  1. All great tips! Sometimes it is really hard when things get so busy. You breakfast, lunch, and snacks sound super yummy. I need to check out the yogurt and granola!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get better at eating a protein with every meal...I'll have a salad and then be hungry 2 hours later because there was nothing filling about it! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely not great at getting protein at every meal. I think yesterday my dinner didn't have any! Oops!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tips girl. i def need to add more protein to my meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great tips girl! I'm all about the water, especially fruit infused water. And those peanut butter bites sound amazing! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Yasso bars, and sadly I have not had any in WAY too long. They are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these tips - I ALWAYS feel better and keep weight off if I stick to just water, but I SO love Diet Dr. Pepper - just one a day!!! And I swear by my morning spark too. Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these tips! I swear by the drinking water...SO many benefits and I just overall feel better drinking water than I do drinking something sugary or loaded with caffeine. Thanks for joining us today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is hard but these are awesome tips! I struggle with not snacking 24/7 at work. I love coffee in the morning but its water after that. Being consistent is hard. Keep it up lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good tips, girl! It is so hard to be healthy some times, but I am glad you have the time again to focus on it a bit more! It is amazing how much easier it is when you are able to do a bit of prep :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my, this is my life to a tee!!! Such good tips for all and so Proud of you. Boy do I struggle with the sweets part.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love starting my day with spark! When I did the 24 day challenge the first time and had to give up coffee I actually drank my spark hot in a coffee mug and love it! Love all your other tips..sounds like you are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tips!! I have started adding more protein into my diet and I can definitely tell a difference!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all great tips! I only drink water as well, except for when I treat myself to a glass of wine a couple of times/week. And girrrrl I LOVE those Yasso bars! I discovered them when I was pregnant with Jacob and I ate the STEW out of them when I was preggo. I haven't had them in a while, but I'm adding them to my grocery list as we speak! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tips! I only drink water as well. Water is amazing. Thanks for sharing these. :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your tips! I fell off the wagon in the sweets department this past week due to finals, I may have to find those bars before I get back on track Monday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are awesome tips, especially for a teacher! I've also taken up walking at the park in the afternoons because it's a quick walk around our trail, and it's nice to spend some time outside after being stuck in a classroom all day!

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greek yogurt popsicles? I need to find these asap! Water is the easiest thing to me - I love water! These tips are great reminders. Thanks! -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete
  19. With the crazy month of May, I needed to hear these tips more than ever! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Waiting on...Wednesday! I hope you'll join us again tomorrow!

    Holly @ While I'm Waiting

    ReplyDelete