Slider

Weekend Recap!

Monday, April 4, 2016

This weekend ushered in what felt like a permanent spring-like weather!  I kept a warm weather candle burning all weekend, and with the sun shining,  I was in a great mood all weekend!

FRIDAY

 I met this cutie at Panera when he got off of work to eat supper.  He's trying to eat healthier, so he's got a broth bowl and a salad.

Then I went to Walmart to do some grocery shopping.  And the strangest thing ever happened there:
Me pushing my buggy in front of an older man: Excuse me....sorry!
Older Man: Wow!!  You look like you're straight out of the 60s!
Me (really confused and laugh nervously): Oh haha thank you?
Older Man: No really!  You look like my "first girlfriend" from 1960.  Same hair, same glasses, everything!  <---he whispered the girlfriend part in front of his grandson haha
I walked off laughing and immediately called my mom who got a good laugh out of it.


SATURDAY

 I finished up my grocery shopping at Kroger after meeting my dad for an early breakfast at Cracker Barrel!



 I did a little Pinterest browsing.



 I ran down to the park to meet up with Rachel and Ralph for a walk.  We ended up walking for an hour.  I love spending time with my sister!



And then she drove me home because my legs were tired :)


SUNDAY

Sunday started off with a beautiful Easter music program at church.  My sister, Rachel, had a solo and it was AMAZING!  If you're friends with my on Facebook, then you saw the video I posted of it yesterday.  It made me cry--not only because Rachel sang it so beautifully, but because the words were so powerful.


 That afternoon I went to the laundromat to wash our bedding.  We have all white bedding and so it just needed a good wash to make it super white again.  While I waited, I studied for my Praxis.  You know how they have a People of Walmart site?  Well, I've decided they need a people of the laundromat site--interesting crowd!



 Rachel and I rode together to Bath and Body Works to take advantage of the last day of the candle sale!!  I added a Coconut Mahogany and another Georgia Peach candle with a kitchen soap.



And we enjoyed some time on the back porch after Dustin got off work yesterday evening.  I can't wait until it stays warm and we can carry our supper outside.

This weekend was laid back and perfect!
How did you spend your first weekend in April?

Linking up with Biana

17 comments:

  1. Yay for your warm weather, we had snow, yuck!! You look adorable at the laundry mat!! Love your selfie on the porch too, bring on the al fresco dinning!! Hope you have a great week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great weekend! Love the days that are so nice you get to spend time on the deck together. Perfect!
    You got all of the Pinterest'ing done....now you're ready for our link up on Wednesday! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous of your warm weather! We had a crazy Indiana Saturday, where the weather rotated from snow to hail to sun to wind to rain and back through the cycle literally every five minutes! Thankfully we had plans to spend the day unpacking, unpacking, unpacking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you call dinner, supper!! What a funny run in with that older man and love all the great sister time you got this weekend - so fun! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a random encounter at Walmart! I guess you brought back some nostalgic memories for that man! And I love the Georgia Peach candle too!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha - yes, I can imagine the people of the laundrymat could get really interesting!! How funny of that man at Walmart - I am guessing he liked what he saw!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like quite a great weekend, I need to hear this solo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny about the guy at Walmart! Something interesting always happens there haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun weekend :) Love i love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha that's so funny about what that guy said to you! Looks like a wonderful weekend. Although I'm so jealous of your weather. It was in the 40s and rainy here all weekend, with the same forecast for the next TWO weeks! I am so ready for spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny about the guy at the grocery store-little things like that make my day! And I am with you, I can't wait to enjoy eating outdoors all summer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so funny that the guy at the grocery store thought that you looked like you were from a different era... I bet you really took him back! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So jealous of your Spring weather, we had snow. Looks like you got caught up on a lot of things this weekend. Btw our bedding is white too (and our dog sleeps in the bed) so we wash it every week…such a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The conversation you had at Walmart cracks me up!! That is just hilarious and so random! We had warmer weather here too this weekend and I had the windows open all day Saturday and Sunday, I loved it!!!!!

    We got new bedding recently after our move and it's white, too. I'm sure I'll be washing it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel the exact same way when I have to go wash our bedding also! I'm loving the spring weather we are having here too - can't wait for outdoor eating! -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete
  16. Panera's broth bowls are my favorite! So delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan