Slider

Weekend Recap: Weather Day Edition

Monday, April 25, 2016

Two things about this past weekend:
1. All weekends should be 3 day weekends
2. I was horrible at remembering to take pictures this weekend (I did take a few)

I believe 3 day weekends should be the new norm.  Dustin was off Friday-Sunday and so was I and it was wonderful.  The weather was perfect, and I felt like this weekend was a snapshot of this summer!

FRIDAY
I am working on getting back into running shape.  For me, that's being able to run 3 miles comfortably, so Friday I got out and ran 2 miles.  Then I enjoyed a post-run snack of Greek yogurt and protein granola while reading the latest Southern Living--my favorite!

Then Mom and I ran a few errands together, I took a nap, and Dustin and I hung out the rest of the night.


SATURDAY
The weather on Saturday was even better than Sunday!  I took my dad grocery shopping with me early Saturday morning since he needed to get a few healthier food items.  On my way home, I called my sister to see if she wanted to meet me at the park to walk, and she asked me if we wanted to go out on the boat with them.  Of course!  Dustin and I got ready really quick and headed out on the river with Rachel and Nick.
 We're excited to be backing out of the boat slip!  The first ride on the river is always the best.


 Rachel's dog, Ralph, was so excited to be going out on the river, too!


 We tied up next to my cousin's boat and floated for a few hours!
Bathing suit is from Victoria's Secret--sold in stores only

After a few hours on the river, we ran home to shower and realized that we still had to go up to Mom and Bill's to feed cattle while my step-dad was out of town.  I had just gotten out of the shower, so I pulled my hair up into a top knot and showed Dustin what I used to do out on the farm!
 Dustin snapped these of me without me even knowing it.  He said, "I took these of you for you to put on your blog."  Love him!

I wasted zero time getting those feed buckets filled for us Dustin to carry into the different pens/pastures.  I did what I used to do--open gates.

Then we rushed back to the house for me to dry my hair, straighten it, and put on make up for us to go out to eat with his friends.


SUNDAY
After church, we came home to eat and get ready to go to Lowe's to get a few more things for Dustin's latest project:


And we had to pick up fresh strawberries from our local peach farm.


I ran again and Dustin finished his cooler!
 See the level?  He's showing me how perfectly level it is haha!

We grilled and enjoyed supper out on the back porch while listening to oldies--Sunday night couldn't have been any more perfect!


How was your weekend?

Linking up with Biana




19 comments:

  1. Ooh that cooler looks so....uhh..cool! (I realized as I was typing it that it looked funny haha). Looks like a great 3-day weekend! Boating? Yes!! Love it all and I agree every weekend should be a 3-day weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh we dont have boat days up here nearly enough - what a fun way to spend the day!! Have a great Monday!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely weekend!!! Boating is one of my favorites, but something I haven't done in years! I love that Dustin thought to take pictures! Sunday sounds like the perfect day! I am with you on 3 day weekends - it would be so, so nice if it were a regular thing. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has the same love with his level! He just finished putting a stone feature on a wall in our new house, and he checked every single stone with that level!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you filling those feed buckets, you go girl! How cute are you guys on the boat! I certainly hope you beautiful weather streak continues pretty lady! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I love that Dustin took pictures for the blog! Clearly he understands blog life lol! And your boat day looks like so much fun. I totally want to join you!!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a 3 day weekend too - they should be the new norm!! Love your hubs project - that looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous of your 3-day weekend! I agree, every weekend should be 3 days! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! Going out on the boat sounds like a blast! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a wonderful weekend-cannot tell you how jealous I am of your afternoon out on the boat! Definitely has me dreaming of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun weekend! He looks so excited in the picture showing you how level it is haha!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first boat day looks like so much fun - always exciting to kick off the new warm season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your weekend sounded great!! Glad y'all both had a three day weekend together, so nice!! I love that your husband took pictures of you for your blog!!!! Sounds like he's got it down! lol. I also really like that cooler stand he built! It looks so good and I would love to have one of these at our house for summer events this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had such a fun weekend (:
    Happy Monday!
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a perfect weekend! We used to spend many a weekend out on the river until our friend sold his boat. :o( I guess we need to just buy one for ourselves! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The perfect laid-back weekend!! We love going to the lake with our family in the summer; the perfect little day-trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cannot wait t oget back to the lake this year!! Jealous you got there already!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those strawberries look amazing. I can't wait for our local farm to start selling fresh fruit

    -makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yesss for boat days! And I'm so down for 3 day weekends every weekend! Enjoy your week! -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan