Friday, April 22, 2016

Friday Favorites!

IT'S FRIDAY AND I'M OUT OF SCHOOL TODAY!!!  YIPPEE!!
Today is an unused weather day in my school system so we are out of school and I am going to thoroughly enjoy my long weekend!


ONE
When we were building our house last spring, I opted not to get a backsplash for the kitchen for a few reasons.  One--I am not a fan of the typical backsplash...it just doesn't fit my style. And Two--white subway tile wouldn't work with the cream cabinets I picked out.
Thanks to Pinterest, I found this brick backsplash and now I'm obsessed.  So as of right now, this is what I want for our kitchen.



TWO
I've raved so many times before about how I love the She Reads Truth app on my phone.  I just recently started a study on Hosea, a book in the Old Testament, and this graphic was on either day 2 or 3.  I saved it to remind myself how unfaithful I am to the Lord every day--I idolize material things, my marriage and husband, my body image and weight....so many things.  I highly recommend the study on the book of Hosea.  It's ugly and uncomfortable and that's because our sin is ugly and uncomfortable.



THREE
I'm obsessed with this picture!  SO PRECIOUS!
.....and since Dustin is reading this, I do finish grad school next Thursday.. ;)


I hope y'all have a fantastic Friday and that the weather is beautiful where you are!

12 comments:

  1. Loved that backsplash!! Enjoy your day off today lady perfect timing to celebrate finishing up school :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for no school! That brick backsplash would be perfect for your kitchen!!! Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you NEED that pup for all your hard work. Yep, I vote a big puppy snuggle YES!!! Happy weekend lovely lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your day off!! We have a teacher workday which is nice, but not as nice as having a freebie! Yay for puppies--I hope the graduation fairy grants your wish. And YES to that brick backsplash! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your extra day off!! I mean that would be a great present for finishing grad school! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that reminder from your app! Facing our sin can be very hard to do but it's so important! Have a great weekend :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that back splash!! We opted not to get one when we built our house either, and it is one of my biggest house building regrets! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo for a day off from school! Enjoy your long weekend!! :) Definitely loving that brick backsplash, so cute! That puppy is just adorable. We've been going back and forth trying to decide on when we want to get one lol. We can't decide, but I'm hoping it's soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of the brick back splash!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that backsplash you found! We put our backsplash in a couple months after building and taking the time to find what we really wanted and it can really switch up a kitchen - if you do it I think you'll love it!

    And the puppy... keep dropping hits - that would be the cutest grad school present!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your backsplash idea!! The whitewashed brick is so pretty. Hope your week of test monitoring went well!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving that backsplash! And Yay for finishing grad school :)

    ReplyDelete