Slider

A Day in the Life (4.18.16)

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I'm finally linking up with Andrea for one of her Show and Tell Tuesday posts!  Today we're all sharing a Day in the Life, and these are my very favorite posts to read!  I love learning about the daily lives of others--you never know what you'll find you have in common with another blogger!

I'm sharing my Day in the Life from yesterday :)

My alarm goes off at 5 AM during the week day and you can see I stayed in bed a little bit longer.  I got into the habit during grad school that if I wanted to read and comment on any blogs, I had to do it first thing in the morning because afternoons and evenings were devoted to school work, Dustin, or the million other things I'm involved with.  I'm sure I'll stick with getting up that early after grad school because I love having that time to myself in the morning.



Drinking Spark and reading blogs!  (And charging my Fitbit)



We finished up watching The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe in my English classes today.  This was the first year that I showed a movie during testing week because I really spent so much time reviewing for our state standardized testing--as in, my students wrote 5 different essays preparing for the writing section on the test.  They loved watching this movie, and we completed a worksheet during and spent lots of time talking about all of the biblical allusions in the movie (book).



Then I got home and ran.  It feels good to know that I'm working my way back into shape.



We (I) enjoyed cooling off on the front porch before supper.



Supper was a crockpot meal--SO good!  Chicken, corn, salsa, adobo chilis, brown rice....amazing.



I took a shower and then remembered I had to wash towels.  White towels are perfect except when you live with a man and can't keep them white :(



While the towels were washing, I decided to relax a bit and watch last week's episode of Real Housewives of Dallas.  Thoughts so far: Leeanne is mean.  I'll have to catch up on last night's episode later.



This is a day in the life, right?  Here's what I look like post-shower with still damp hair--it got bigger after it dried completely.  #thankgoodnessforstraighteners



Then someone wanted me to sit with him while he wrote out a few checks.
(Also, does anyone else still use check registers?  Or are we just old souls in young bodies?)


I started reading a new book, did my quiet time, and ended up going to bed around 10 PM.

22 comments:

  1. I just love these posts so much. I never get it together enough to do one myself, though! I think you guys are old souls - I am pretty sure my dad is the only person I know that uses a check register. :) Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could ever do white towels because my boys would have them gray in a matter of days ;-) and your quiet mornings seem so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same white towel problem--and they're our guest towels primarily so...they never stay white.
    Loved getting to see a glimpse into your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Yay yay!! So happy to get too know you more by seeing a glimpse in your day. I went to link up this morning and she didn't have it there?? Mmm. Love the pic of you running!! You're the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crock pot meals are my favorite - coming home to cooked dinner is the best!! Loved this peek into your daily life! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading these posts too! And we only use white towels too. They are the easiest for washing!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't watched last nights Real Housewives of Dallas either but I am with you - Leeanne is rude!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some of my favorite posts too! And I'm not so sure about RHOD... these ladies are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We still use check registers! {Confession of a not-old person in an old person's soul: until I married my husband 3 years ago, I did ALL my bill paying by good old fashioned check and snail mail. He did online bill pay and took over when we got married, but I always held out. I HAD, to my credit, upgraded to paying with a credit/debit card in the store. I'm not the one who holds up the line writing a check. :) We do still pay our tithe by check. I like being able to put something in the offering plate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I have a hard time keeping the towels white thanks to my husband too! Why are boys so dirty?! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute I love it :) Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, love the check registers!! We still write checks, but log them in an excel spreadsheet! I love white towels too - but oh so dangerous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the same white towels problem with my husband! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sad I missed doing this type of post- you're right.. they're so interesting! Next time I need you to remind me haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for running and your dinner looked delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These posts are just the best! I have SO enjoyed reading all of them today! And girl, I totally still use a check register! I mean, it's just good sense to keep track of everything because you can't always trust the banks to not make mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sarah - found you via the Show and Tell link-up. I use a check register and balance the checkbook each month (er, with an Excel spreadsheet to assist). I have "caved" to paying the utilities via direct withdrawal from my account... That's progress, right? But everything else is a handwritten check and snail mail.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm going to need to try that crockpot recipe it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved reading your post! I know movie day had to be a hit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always love peeking into people's days - and totally thinking LeeAnne is mean too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ugh LeeAnne is mean! We don't use checks much anymore, but everything we spend gets logged in a registry. Your supper looks so good! -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete
  22. Did you think about exchanging with the best Bitcoin exchange service: YoBit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan