Thursday, March 24, 2016

Easter Dinner (Lunch) Plans

Since my parents are divorced, my sister and I always split up our holidays.  Typically, we do an Easter dinner (what's also known as lunch) with my mom and then another Easter gathering that afternoon with my dad.  This year, I will be hosting lunch at my house!

Mom and I have been busy planning our meal and splitting up dishes between my mom, sister, and I.  We've decided to do something different this year instead of the normal big Easter meal.  We'll be doing lots of salads and have ham for the guys who want some meat.  I've also been thinking about what kind of tablescape I want to create.  Since we'll be eating right after church, it'll be nice to not have to heat anything up or even cook since everything will be made ahead of time and most can be eaten cold.

Easter Menu
(I'll link to recipes, but these aren't necessarily the ones we'll use.  Some things we make by memory.)

Ham
An Easter Dessert*

*My sister will be making the dessert.


Tablescape Ideas

-I already have teal blue placemats.
-Natural-looking chargers
-All white dishes
-Candles
-Flower arrangement


What are your Easter plans this year?

10 comments:

  1. Love the tablescape ideas! And awesome to have easy ready to go foods; less work for Easter morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are headed to my SIL's house and I'm excited to see what she cooks up! She always has the best menu, your's sounds amazing as well! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting that you'll be hosting this year!! I am crossing my fingers that we will be able to host next year, everything is still too crazy at our house with unpacking and organizing lol. Your menu sounds delicious and I can't wait to see how you set your table up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!!! Wish I could pop in for that!!! My parents are in town this weekend, so I think I'm going to do our Easter family dinner tomorrow and then heat up leftovers Sunday after church. :) I'm planning to do ham, my Grammy's macaroni and cheese, green beans (or green bean casserole - can't decide!), rolls, and this pineapple/mandarin orange fluff salad! (Sugar free of course ��)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tablescape idea! I have all white dishes too and they are the best because they're so versatile!! This year we will be travelling for Easter so no celebrations for us!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I want to come over! Your meal sounds fabulous, and your table will be so pretty. Please take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tablescape! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Easter dinner sounds so delish! Easter is always such a happy time of year :)

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a nice decoration for Easter party. I liked colors used for décor. Thanks for sharing these photos here. I attended a similar family party to celebrate Easter this year. My cousin hosted it at one of best party venue NYC. We all had a wonderful time together.

    ReplyDelete