Happy Thursday, y'all! Can you believe it's already the end of the week? Spring break is inching closer and I am so ready. We've got sixth grade orientation today so my first three classes will have half the students in them, and tomorrow we are back n the computer lab finishing typing our expository essays--then it's freedom for a week!
Lots of bloggers I follow participate in the Confessional Thursday link up, so I decided to try it out!
1. I have made myself a morning person after getting married. Every morning during the weekday, I am up at 5 AM. I get my blog reading done, start laundry, put away dishes--you name it and I'm up doing it. When I don't have to work, I'm up anywhere between 6:30-7:30. I prefer being up early rather than staying up late--10 PM is late for me!
2. I'm a very fast reader! There have been many times where I've read whole books in one day. That talent came in handy many times in college when I would wait last minute to read for my lit classes :)
3. I love eating pizza so much--I just don't eat it very often since I track my calories. I had enough calories left for dinner last night, so we went to Mellow Mushroom sit on the patio and eat pizza!!
I tried the Thai Dye from Mellow Mushroom! Two slices of a small pizza were 740 calories. I had A LOT of calories left over for dinner because I didn't eat very much during the school day.
4. I am very much into routines. As much as I love going on vacation, I'm always ready to get back home so I can get back into a routine.
5. My husband is a Type I diabetic and has been since he was 4 years old. I always get really nervous before we go on vacation together because I worry about him having low blood sugars in the mornings and if I would have to call for help.
6. I've been wearing reading glasses since the third grade, but because my eyes are continuing to get worse, my reading glasses now have transformed into wearing them whenever I need my eyes to focus. I hope I don't ever have to wear glasses full-time and I'm definitely not ever wearing contacts--not touching my eye, thank you!
7. I had a student write an essay about how I was her favorite teacher. Her three reasons: my clothes, make up, and personality. Although it was the sweetest thing ever (and I learned how observant she is haha), not once did she mention anything about my teaching style. Guess she hasn't learned anything in my class--she only checks out my clothes each day haha!
8. Speaking of clothes (which are my absolute fav), I almost majored in fashion merchandising instead of English. I prayed about it for a week in college right before I had to really make a decision about which route I was going to take, and I really felt like the Lord was calling me to English. I knew that if I went the fashion route, I would get so caught up in labels to where they would become my identity--and not the Lord. So I teach English in nice outfits haha!