Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekend Recap!

This past weekend was so much fun!  I'm also exhausted from the busyness of it, but I wouldn't do it any different.  I am, however, SO glad that deer season is officially over because Dustin had been gone since Thursday!  It was nice at the beginning of the season because I kind of did whatever I wanted and relaxed, but it got really boring toward the end of the season.  So what did I do to occupy myself?  Shop :)

Friday after school another teacher and I hit the road to go visit a teacher from school who had just had her baby girl!  Taylor, the blonde in the middle, doesn't even look like she had a baby less than 24 hours ago.  When we walked in the room, I couldn't believe how amazing she looked!


Elizabeth was so precious and so tiny.  I could have held her forever!


Saturday morning I ran to the park to walk and run the path around it.  The weather was amazing and it felt like spring.


Then I headed to Sephora with my mom and sister.  Rachel racked up on a ton of new make up and mom and I each picked up a new lip stain.  Then we went to Target where I seriously contemplated getting this shirt and wearing it to school.  When a student asks me a question, I would just point to the shirt haha!


Even though it was warm outside, any girls' day calls for Starbucks.  I ventured out and got the caramel machiatto--not too bad and a relatively healthy drink for Starbucks when you get it nonfat.


Saturday night my best friend Kristi and I went out to eat and then came back to my house to watch make up tutorials on Youtube by Jaclyn Hill.  That was the first time I had ever heard of her and we watched a lot of her videos that night--which of course made me want to go right back to Sephora!  
We should have taken a picture at the beginning of the night when our make up was fresh!


Sunday morning I skipped out on Sunday School to eat breakfast with my dad's side of the family at Cracker Barrel.  Both my aunt and older sister were up from Birmingham, so it was a nice little reunion!


I spent the rest of Sunday relaxing, doing laundry, cleaning and watching TV and Youtube videos on make up!


Y'all don't forget to check back tomorrow!  It's House Tour Tuesday and I had so much fun photographing this house!

Linking up with Biana toady.


22 comments:

  1. What a great girls weekend!! Lots of little things here and there and a shopping trip to sephora and target - always a good idea! I love that shirt - I could wear it to work too!! Happy Monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sephora is pretty much my favorite place, ever! Looks like a fun girls weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sephora is pretty much my favorite place, ever! Looks like a fun girls weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun girls weekend! I love that Nope shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great weekend! We got a crazy blizzard here last week and this morning I woke up and it was 60 degrees already!!! I need that "nope" shirt like NOW! Can't wait to see the house tour tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Target Graphic Tees have been so great lately! Did you see the one that says Will Run for Wine?! Have a great week!!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that Target shirt and how you'd intend to use it. Can I use it with admin too when they ask dumb questions?? haha If you hadn't said you were visiting a friend who'd just had a baby, I would have thought you were just taking a pic with friends...she definitely doesn't look like she just had a baby. Go her and her genes haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seriously did feel like spring this weekend! I loved walking around outside.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love a great run in the park with mild temps. Yay for shopping with Fam and yummy Starbucks anytime!! Hope your week gets off to a wonderful start!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post needs a disclaimer..."do not google- makeup tutorials by Jaclyn Hill unless you have an entire day free". OMG all I want to do is watch all the makeup tutorials #earlynaptimetodaykids !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a fun weekend! :) Jaclyn Hill's video's put a hurting on my wallet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband hunts too, and it's kind of nice in the beginning of the season when they're gone because you can get all the me time that you want. But by the time January rolls around, I'm ready to have him home so he can help out with stuff around the house. It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend with lots of friends and fun activities! Hope your Monday is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a fun girls weekend! My husband doesn't hunt but sometimes has to work 48 hour shifts at the fire station and it gets really boring when that happens on the weekend! It's fun to fill your time but so fun when they're back home :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That shirt! Hilarious! I would love it to wear at work as well. Perfect.

    The weather was amazing here this weekend as well... it was 70 yesterday! Crazy! Makes me soooo ready for spring!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun times with girlfriends! Now I need to go watch this you tube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sarah! I have stumbled over your comments at Shay Shull's blog a couple of times and have been meaning to contact you. My maiden name is Shaneyfelt and I'm from North Al. I'm just curious if we are related - by marriage☺️ - through your hubby. My email is candyburton70@gmail.com if you would like to email me. It would just be interesting to see since there are not many of us Shaneyfelt's around��

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your friend really does look awesome for just having a baby! Oh my goodness. I saw your insta about the make up posts, but have been restraining myself from checking them out. I know I will get sucked in! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I recently watched Jaclyn Hill and I was hooked!

    newyeartrueme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Jaclyn Hill! But it's definitely very addictive. Sometimes I just want to watch one but end up sitting on YouTube for an hour or two. Sound like you had a great weekend! Target, Sephora, Starbucks are totally my jam. And I love that your friend named her daughter Elizabeth. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Target and I love that shirt!
    thecatandthecactus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mmm Cracker Barrel - I haven't been (there isn't one around here) in SO long and could totally go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that shirt from Target!! The weather here felt like spring too, and was the perfect weather for our big moving day!

    Also, Cracker Barrel is on of our favorite places!!

    ReplyDelete