Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday Favorites!

Happy Friday y'all!  It's supposed to be sunny this weekend and I feel like it's been forever since we got any sun around these parts!  It doesn't matter if it's 20 degrees out--if the sun is shining then I'm in such a happy mood.

I'm linking up with Andrea for Friday Favorites today.

ONE

I used to not be a fan of candles--so strange, I know.  The only scent I liked of anything was a fresh linen scent.  Then my sister became obsessed with Bath and Body Works candles....and I did too.  The last time she and I were at BBW together, I picked up this new candle because it smelled like spring in a jar :)  I was able to burn it one warm day that we've had and am hoping to be able to burn it on Sunday after church since the high is 65!


TWO

I posted yesterday about my weight battles and my new Diet Bet game.  I got a lot of great support from other bloggers and I really appreciate y'all!  Each email I opened really encouraged me.  I have enjoyed taking control of my eating.  I've really realized that I let my eating get out of control and it became gluttonous--which is sinful.  I would eat even when I wasn't hungry simply because it tasted good.  I am striving to glorify God in my body (1 Corinthians 6: 19-20) and to be healthy, so I can serve the Lord my very best.


THREE

 Since I get up super early during the work week (I'm talking 5 AM, y'all) and I eat breakfast then, by the time break comes at school at 9:55, my stomach is growling!  I've found a great, healthy snack that fills me up so I'm not hungry before lunch.  I have been taking a low fat vanilla yogurt and mixing it with 1/8 cup of high protein granola.  SO good!



FOUR

I've been getting my nails done professionally once a month and so Tuesday was my day for February!  I enjoy painting them myself, but I just need someone to clean up my cuticles.  I picked this deeper purple from OPI--unfortunately the label was removed from the bottom so I don't know the name!

13 comments:

  1. That candle looks fabulous and love your nail color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of lilacs so this candle sounds awesome! I have heard so many good things about B&BW that I need to check their selection out. That snack sounds super yummy - I am always looking for healthy things to eat during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so obsessed with Bath & Body Works too, but I haven't tried out the lilac candle yet! I'll have to check it out the next time they're having a big sale! Your snack sounds like the perfect thing to hold you over until lunch! The struggle is real when you're up that early and have 6 or so hours until you can eat lunch after your breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love yogurt with granola! And yes, I'm totally obsessed with BBW candles! Who am I kidding, I'm totally obsessed with BBW period! I will be scooping up some spring/summer candles and soaps this weekend - the hand soaps are also my absolute favorite! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um yogurt and granola is the best combo girl and ughh those nails are fabulous! so glad i found your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bath and Body Works candles are my very favorite... as a matter of fact, I recently loaded up on their fruity scents for spring. They have a Watermelon Lemonade one that is to die for! It makes the house smell amazing and so ready for spring! Have a great weekend!

    Lindsay
    Lindsay's Sweet World

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obsessed with BBW candles! I love their Frosted Cranberry!! Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nails look so nice! They remind me how much I really need to get mine done. Stopping over from the link up and it was fun to read a new blog! Hope you check out mine as well =0) Have a happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. B&BW candles are the best aren't they?! That candle makes me so ready for spring <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nails look beautiful, getting a manicure is just such a nice treat! Yum to yogurt and granola! I absolutely adore Bath and Bodyworks candles but I don't have any spring scents yet, looks like I'm gonna have to make a trip there! I hope your weekend is as glorious as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love b&bw candles!! My fave :)

    Justine @ Charm City Ciemny's
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have grown to love candles over the last few years as well. I never appreciated them when I was living with my parents! I need to try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok I resisted the candle sale but that one looks so good! B&B has THE best candles. And that yogurt looks like a perfect (and healthy!) snack for the work day!

    ReplyDelete