Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday Favorites!

Yay for Friday!  I've got lots of favorites today and one of them is the fact that we are out of school on Monday!!!!!  It's a weather day that we haven't had to take (thankfully) and so I'm loving the fact that I get an extended weekend :)

Speaking of this weekend, I am excited to finally get to celebrate Valentine's Day with my husband.  Last year, for our first married Valentine's Day we went to a wedding in Nashville. This year we've got reservations on Saturday night at Texas de Brazil (that I'm kind of nervous about....I hate feeling full and I know this is an all you can eat kind of place).

Here we are last year at the Hard Rock for the reception!


I surprised my FAVORITE Valentine ever with a package of sugar free pecan pies from Priester's.  This is a place in south Alabama that we always stop at whenever we go to the beach.  The first year Dustin and I were dating, I had stopped there with my family and wandered over to their sugar free section--and I had no idea they even had that.  They had these sugar free mini pecan pies, so I bought him a ton.  After that, it's been a Valentine tradition of mine to order a package for him.  Can you tell he was excited?


And apparently the one pecan pie he ate made him sleepy :)  But in all seriousness, anytime he sits in that chair, he falls asleep.  Our furniture is so comfortable that it's always a FAVORITE!


Manly things are so attractive to me--so this is a FAVORITE sight!  He's checking out something going on with my car.  He tried to explain it to me while we were driving, and it's like I heard what he was saying but it just didn't register.  Sorry Dustin!


Spontaneous little date nights are a FAVORITE


And taking pictures with my forever boyfriend are a definite FAVORITE....even when he's tired of pictures haha!  Another FAVORITE is that I worked hard this week to get all of my assignments done yesterday, so yesterday around 4:30 I went outside to walk and walked for almost an hour!!!  It was so nice to be able to do that!


Mom and I are making another trip to Sephora right after school today....which means an Anthro trip, too.  Only because it's my FAVORITE store in the whole wide world!

14 comments:

  1. Pretty jealous of his ability to fall asleep in any chair LOL!Enjoy your long weekend and hope you scoop up some good stuff at Sephora! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead! So nice you guys get to celebrate Valentine's Day just the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, shopping after school, no school Monday and awesome reservations with your hot man..it's going to be a great weekend gorgeous lady!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you get a day off if it's not used as an inclement weather day!! We haven't had any snow days this winter because all things considered, it has been pretty mild. Enjoy your valentines day and your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet surprise! And why are dudes sleeping so cute?!?! I mean, really?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH!! We LOVE stopping at Priester's on our way to Destin!! We found it on the way back from our honeymoon and stopped again last year when we went. It's a "must" on our Destin vacations to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jelly of your shopping trip.. let me know how it goes! I need to go to sephora to get new eye cream! haha. HEY SEE YA NEXT WEEEKKK

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a restaurant like that in Minneapolis..an all you can eat meat buffet basically. Definitely leaves you feeling stuffed, but SO good! And I am with you, something is SO attractive about a man doing manly things! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha my husband is a mechanic, so he's always trying to explain something car related to me and I really do try to understand, but it just goes in one ear and out the other!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Long weekends are the best, aren't they? Have fun at Sephora!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So jealous of your three-day weekend, you lucky girl! We used to be off for President's Day, but they recently changed that. And it's a loooong time between MLD and Memorial Day... that's a lot of days to go without a holiday. Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you have a fabulous Valentine's Day and long weekend!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you enjoy your extra day off! Those sugar-free pecan pies look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...