Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Sense of Sarah: Working out When You're Busy

Working out is not something that I enjoy, but it is something that I really enjoy the way it makes me feel.  I blogged about my weight loss journey back in 2014 (which feels like forever ago!) and so if you followed me back then, you know that working out is something I have to do to maintain my weight.

Because grad school literally takes up all of my free time (but the end is near!), I've had to adjust my work outs to fit my schedule.  I don't work out as near as much as I want to, but it works for this season of life that I am in.

This is what I do now:

On Tuesdays/Thursdays I...

Wake up at 4:20 AM.
Jillian Michaels BodyShred class at gym--5:00-5:45 AM

This was taken after Rachel and I survived a brutal class one morning.

On Saturdays I have a few options...

-Go to the gym sometime that morning to complete this workout:


This was in one of my Shape magazines and I change up the weight part every now and then.  You can customize it to fit you!  I keep the 5 minute jog and running for .25miles unchanged.

-Go to the stadium to run bleachers and run laps around the track for 30-35 minutes

-Run in my neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods for 2-3 miles

This will change once I graduate from grad school, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices.  I don't enjoy getting up early those two mornings during the week, but I also don't have time after school is over because I come home and do grad school work (plus cook dinner or any other obligation I might have)--I just don't have time in the afternoons during this time in my life.  

Hopefully this has encouraged you to find some sort of time to work out!  You may be busy, but your health never needs to be neglected!

11 comments:

  1. Working out even when you are busy is definitely a must for me. I can tell such a difference in my mood, not to mention the way I look, if I don't make the time to get to the gym. It's awesome that you have a work out buddy for those early morning classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed with how early you wake up!! I think it's hard to keep focus on it when you feel like you're busy...but if the gym just isn't happening at least I know i can do a 7 min workout twice and sweat just as hard! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with you! I can only seem to get myself up by 6:15 for 30 minutes of a P90X video in my living room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you for being committed and doing what you need to do in order to be healthy! I give you TONS of credit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I have GOT to start making myself do something similar! Thanks for linking up today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with ya... I don't always look forward to working out, but it makes me a better person all the way around so it's needed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me so motivated to workout! After moving out of my parents house in August I was horrible about working out but I'm really trying this year to balance it with school and work. Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Working out is so hard to fit in sometimes. I've gotten into a rut lately with my WW tracking & morning workouts! I really need to re-commit. Thanks for the motivation!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I commend you so much for your routine! Especially those early mornings. (YIKES) This inspires and reminds me that one of my goals this year is to get into a routine of doing some sort of active workout a couple of days a week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell me about this body shred class! We just joined a new gym in the area and I saw it listed on the schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go getting up so early - wow! I try to do something at least once a day - usually earlier in the week I do more and start lagging until I get to Saturday but as long as I'm doing something!

    ReplyDelete