Slider

Sense of Sarah: Cleaning

Monday, January 11, 2016

Happy Monday, y'all!  I know that technically today should be a weekend recap post, but since I didn't really do anything major this weekend except clean, I thought I would tie that into another Sense of Sarah post.....on cleaning.  Those who know me know that I'm a very clean and organized person.  I thrive in a clean environment.  I don't know about you, but I love learning about the cleaning routines of other people because I'm always looking for a way to do something different and better than what I'm already doing.  If that's not you, then feel free to skip today's post!  Click here to see past Sense of Sarah posts.

Daily

Dishes--wash every day and run the dishwasher once a week
Kitchen counters--wipe down every day with Lysol wipes
Hardwoods--sweep every other day
Kitchen table--wipe down after supper each night
Laundry--do one load each night or every other night

Weekly

Master bedroom--wash sheets, dust, vacuum
Master bath--sweep/mop, toilet, trash, tub, shower, sinks
Open living area--dust
Guest bed/bath--vacuum, sweep/mop, toilet, trash (if any), sink

Tips

-I keep cleaning supplies in each area that I will be using them.  For example, I keep all bathroom supplies that I need to clean the master bathroom in there, and the guest bath on the other side of the house also has the cleaning products I will use in there....same thing for upstairs (except I only clean that bathroom about once a month since no one goes up there.)  This keeps me from having to tote around a bunch of cleaning products.

-I keep all cleaning rags in a central location.  I also wash them separately from my other towels so that I don't get them mixed up.
Cleaning rags are in the box and the towels on the right are in case there's a major spill, etc.

What are your tips and tricks to cleaning your house?

13 comments:

  1. Love these types of posts! One thing I learned from Shay is to run the dishwasher at night, if possible, then unload it first thing in the morning. It always is nice to come home after work to an empty dishwasher, rather than have to unload it then. And since my apartment is rather small and the dishwasher isn't the quietest thing, that time is the best to run it anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really need to get better about doing dishes every night - It's probably because we don't have a dishwasher so it's a real chore! One thing I don't mind doing - dusting weird I know! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the worst at cleaning until I bought a house. Now I love it.. maybe because its my own? Not sure!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had the hardest time at getting on a cleaning schedule! Last week we did one chore each night and it was kind of nice to not have to dedicate a few hours to it over the weekend!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay where did you get that little box that holds cleaning rags? NEED. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are on top of things! Can you come over and force me to stick to such a fabulous schedule, please!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your schedule! I really need to make one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super similar to my cleaning schedule, except I should probably clean our bathrooms more often than I do...I hate cleaning the shower and sinks though!

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds a lot like how I do ours too, but I love the tip of keeping some cleaning products in the bathrooms! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so on top of things - can you come clean here??? I usually do one big clean every 2-3 weeks (it just takes soooo long) and little tidy ups in between there. I have a little bin of the supplies I carry from room to room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to stay on a regular cleaning schedule, it's just difficult to find the right routine. My favorite is the day I wash our sheets...I just love crawling into bed with fresh sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you keep the cleaning cloths separate! What a neat idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having a clean house to come home to each day is great. One thing that I do is to remove the shower liner and wash it with the cleaning rags when I wash the cleaning towels from each bathroom. That way, mold and mildew does not build up on the liner.

    Bo Tolbert @ HJS Supply

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan