Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A Christmas House Tour 2015

Happy Tuesday!  Y'all, I've had today's post scheduled in my planner for a while now.  Ever since we decided to build this house, I had picked out the spot for our Christmas tree.  I remember walking through the house when it had just been framed and picturing the Christmas tree in front of the back windows.  I just knew it was going to fit perfectly there, and when it came time to decorate for Christmas, that was the one thing I was sure about!  

Last year was our first married Christmas and we were living in a tiny apartment.  We barely had any room for the tree, but I put it up anyway because Christmas is my most favorite holiday and I love celebrating it!  Now I'm so glad to have room for decorations.  I can't wait to look back on this post in the years to come to see how our Christmas decorations grew and changed.

Welcome to my house!  
(P.S. It's a little weird to show you my whole house, so here's part of the porch!)  

There are candles in all of the windows.  That's a tradition that I grew up with and I'm excited to carry it on with Dustin and I.

The mantle (sorry this is so blurry!)

A close up--you can see the gold string I ran through the garland

I still can't figure out what to go on top of the tree!  I have plaid ribbon if need be, but I've tried a gold star--too heavy, and I have gold deco mesh--not my style.  I'm stuck on what to put on top!

I love this festive votive from Target!

My mother-in-law loaned me her Christmas village to put up!  I was so mesmerized by these as a child, and I love that I get to look at this every day.



Not much decoration in the entryway except for those red trees and the Willow Tree nativity set.  The hostesses of my school shower bought me the main part of the nativity and then some more people at school chipped in to buy me the shepherds and animals that went with it.  Now all I have to get is the manger!  I love it!


 There isn't much decoration in the kitchen this year.  I'm hoping to stock up after Christmas when everything goes on sale.  Christmas decorations aren't cheap!



Linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday!

15 comments:

  1. I love all of the small details! Everything looks great tho--including your bright mantle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mantle is perfect...I really wish we had one!! Beautiful touches throughout your home! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is beautiful! Love all of your decorations! We're hoping to hit up lots of after Christmas sales as well... maybe a few of my future plans will come to be. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love your Christmas decor! And I also loved seeing our card at the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!! I felt the same way about showing the exterior of my house. I was like hmmmm... It does look nice with lights, but feels odd to post it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your décor! Your tree is beautiful! I have that same Willow Tree Nativity and it's one of my favorite parts of our décor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Christmas definitely is one of my favorite holidays to decorate for...just so much out there! I struggled with a tree topper, too, but I made use of what I have until I find 'the one.' Love your nativity scene...I REALLY wanted one this year and that was on my list. But no place to put it, and no place to store, so it will be pushed off until I have a larger place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your decorations and the village and tree are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so fabulous! I love the entry way - a perfect way to come home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your decor! I want to slowly start buying the pieces for a Christmas village, they're my favorite! And your nativity is so, so pretty. The one I want is so expensive, so I'm hoping it will go on sale after Christmas!

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many things I want to comment on from this post... First I love the little snowman by the mantle. Second, your tree is gorgeous! We have the nativity set at home and my dad built my mom the stable, we love adding pieces to it every year. & finally, I love the villages!-When I was little, I knew it was Christmastime when my mom brought out the "billage" boxes :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness, I love all of your Christmas decorations! Your tree looks beautiful. I still can't decide what to put at the top of our tree either lol. I thought about a cute bow to match it but haven't gotten around to making one yet...maybe next year? ;)
    Your mantel looks great- I am loving those candle sticks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home is beautiful and your decorations are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I spy Target finds! They had some good Christmas decor this year and I had to resist the urge to buy, buy, buy! All our Christmas decor is pretty much my roommates, this year I bought a couple of things and received some as gifts, so I'm excited to start my collection!

    Also, LOVE the Willow Tree nativity! Would love to have the whole thing one day. That is a Christmas collection I would love to begin. Love your decor! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...