Slider

October Reads

Monday, November 16, 2015

I'm departing from my usual Weekend Recap to play a little catch up on something I meant to post back in October.

If you've been reading my blog for a little while now, you know I'm in grad school and that means I pretty much have no time to read for fun.  When I got a 10 day break back in October in between grad terms, I took advantage of that and read a couple of books.


My friend Victoria recommended this book to me and it was my favorite out of the three books I read during that break.  I liked it so much that I recommended it to a lady at my school who is in my book club and she liked it too!  It's not your typical love story.  The main character's family owns a vineyard and the story is told along with the process of wine making.  I highly recommend this book!  If you do read it--let me know what you think of it!


I loved Laura Dave's first book so much that I read another book of hers.  This one was interesting and I liked it, but Eight Hundred Grapes was still my favorite.


This is the follow up sequel to Me Before You (which I loved so much).  Louisa has to learn how to live life without Will.  I wasn't such a fan of this book, but everyone else who has read it loved it.  It may just be me haha!

What should I read next?


7 comments:

  1. When my husband was in grad school he'd long for the weeks he didn't have to read for class because like you he wanted to read for fun! I read Eight hundred grapes and really liked it! I've read a lot of great books lately BigLaw was one I couldn't put down! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been reading as much as I'd like to lately either!! Eight Hundred Grapes is on my list! =)

    I keep hearing that "Girl on a Train" is a real page turner! It's next on my list to read! =)

    Have a great week! Melanie | Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might pick up that eight hundred grapes one! I need a book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My least favorite part about being in school was not being able to read for fun! It was so funny because when my husband and I got married, he seriously had no idea how much I loved to read because we met in college. Me Before You has been on my list for a while and I've heard such great reviews of it. If you haven't read the Lunar Chronicles, the series is one of my favorites, and I can't recommend it enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely want to check out Eight Hundred Grapes! There are so many good books out there, just so hard to choose! I am planning on adding Jen Hatmaker's book to my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Jojo Moyes! I haven't read the sequel yet, though~
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still on the fence about the sequel haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan