This recipe has such a fun story behind it, and I love reminiscing!
I lived with my best friend from home in college. We lived in a coed honors dorm on the 4th floor and boys (we called them The Boys) from our hometown lived on the 3rd floor and we did almost everything together! We hung out all the time (as in, every single day) and sometimes even rode home together. The next year we both moved into apartments. The boys moved into one and Janie and I moved into the complex behind theirs (because we had to stay near one another, right?). That year we started the tradition of weekly dinners together. One week Janie and I would cook and the next week the boys would cook. I remember seeing a recipe in a magazine article for "guy food" for Superbowl parties. It was something Janie and I decided to try during our week of cooking. It was such a hit that they requested it a lot! Fast forward a few years later, and now it's a recipe my husband requests--and usually during football season.
This recipe can be a little time-consuming to make, but that's literally the hardest part about it. I hope you enjoy it as much as my husband does!
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
shredded Mexican fiesta cheese (I use reduced fat)
whole wheat tortillas
1. Shred the rotisserie chicken into a large bowl.
2. Add in as much cheese and buffalo sauce you want--just make sure your chicken is thoroughly covered. If you like it extra spicy, then use an entire bottle.
3. Spray your skillet with Pam and lay half of your tortilla down into the skillet. Fill that half with your mixture and spread it out evenly. You don't want to put too much because it gets messy to flip over and eat. Press the other half down onto the mixture and spray the top of it with Pam.
4. Cook until it browns on that side and then flip it over.
5. When it's finished, cut with a pizza cutter! So, so easy to make!
Serve with Ranch dressing.
This is what your mixture will look like before you divvy it out onto the tortillas.