Day 4: What are you passionate about?
I linked up Wednesday with my days 1 and 2 combined post and loved participating in this challenge! It's really a great idea and I've loved being able to connect with new bloggers that I've never read before. And I love today's prompt. When I find something that I love and am passionate about, I give my all. It's in my nature. Sometimes I over-extend myself because I love so many things, and right now I feel like I'm in a season where I've over-extended myself. And I'm working on finding the balance. I know this is just a season in my life, but it's hard to see past the stress. Okay, rant over and now onto the things I'm passionate about!
1. The Lord--I became a Christian when I was 13 and my relationship with God really grew during my college years. I can thank my college church, Baptist Campus Ministry, and my BFF/roommate Janie for the constant accountability. My quiet time deepened this summer after reading Don Whitney's Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life. I'm constantly humbled each time I learn something new about The Lord and His extreme love for me. Galatians 2:20 says,
2. My family--Now that Dustin and I are our own little family, I'm so passionate about us glorifying God in our marriage. I know we fail at that a lot, but God shows us so much grace that we strive to show each other that same grace and mercy.
3. Making our house a home--We just built our first home and I'm having the best time decorating it! I plan on decorating it for fall this weekend--it's September, so it's practically fall to me haha!
4. Reading--I LOVE reading so much! It's such a huge passion of mine that I'm getting my master's degree in library media. Unfortunately, because I'm in grad school right now, I have very little time to read for fun. And if I do pick up a book to read leisurely, it takes me so long to finish....think a month per book which is so not like me.
5. the Abide Women's Ministry at my church--We are in year 2 of our women's ministry at church and I've been so encourage by what God is doing in the hearts of the ladies at my church. I pray that these ladies will be transformed by the Gospel and will hunger to know Him more. I also pray this for myself.
6. My friends--I feel like this is such a given, but I had to put it! Now that I'm an adult, some of my friends don't live close to me anymore. We really have to schedule our time together and don't get to see each other as much as we'd like.
7. Baking--Yes!!! I love baking. Literally, if I'm stressed out or had a bad day, I will bake something. It's not the eating part that eases my stress, it's the baking.
8. Blogging--Next month will be my one year anniversary of blogging and I didn't know I would love it as much as I do. It's such an uplifting and encouraging community and I've made some great friends! I can't wait to re-do my blog next month in honor of my one year blog-iversary :)
To see my Day 1 and 2, click here.