Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Blog-tember Challenge: Day 10


Day 10: 10 items off your bucket list. If you haven't made one, now's a good time to start!

I've never made a bucket list (and I don't ever plan on it--I'm just not that type), but I do have a few things that I would want to do in my lifetime--some I already have :)

1. Fall in love and get married  
Check!  We just celebrated our one year anniversary July 26th!
This was right after he had been throwing candy corn for me to try catching in my mouth and I caught one!

2. Have babies!  
We're enjoying just the two of us right now, plus with teaching full time and being a full time grad student, there's no way....no way

3. Run a half marathon  
Check!  I ran my first (and so far only) half three years ago.  I want to run it again but it's hard right now finding the time to train.  And...grad school.
I just got done running 13.1 miles.  I ran walked straight to the pizza.

4. Visit the UK.  
I want to visit LOTS of literary places....Canterbury Cathedral, The Globe, etc.  Might be a girls' trip one day since I doubt Dustin would ever be interested in those things.

5. Write my own cookbook.  
This is something I talk about a lot, and I hope to actually do it someday!  Cooking and baking are such passions of mine.

6. Get my masters degree in library media. 
 I'll be done in May!  Woohoo!  And then I have a life again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Visit New York City during Christmas.  
Because I love Christmas and I know I would love NYC during Christmas.

8. Visit a Southern Living Idea House. 
 I love them every year, and I loved the one for this year.

9. Be a stay at home mom.  
Can this be on my bucket list??  I would love to be able to stay home and raise my future children.

10. Learn this dance with my sister!  
We talked about it a lot when the movie came out.  It's time we learned!  

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE these. Yes, you should write a cookbook, and YES you'll have a life when you finish your masters...I just finished mine last May!

    I also love that you have "be a stay at home mom" on your list. I think that too many girls are shy about this, but the world still needs people to stay at home and raise kids, and it's the hardest job in the world! (...from what I've heard. I've never been a mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that being a stay at home Mum is on your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to Stay at home!! it is on my bucket list too. :) NYC at Christmas would be so awesome. Such a fun list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for being done with school in May! I graduate in December and I feel your pain..the light at the end of the tunnel is near! :-) I will join the SAHM club with you, too! nothing would beat being home with the littles all day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your list!!! I also love that you have the something borrowed dance- I love it! Have you read those two books? I really love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These is such a fantastic list for life! There is nothing like NYC at Christmas time and I can't wait to be a SAHM - that's the best job in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!! Writing your own cookbook would be so awesome! I want to go to NYC at Christmas time too one year. I bet it's incredible. May is not too far away - woo hoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of writing your own cookbook! And recently stay at home mom has been added to my wish list...although I need to find the husband and have the kids first. :) I would love the go to New York at Christmas, too! Pretty much love everything on your list...minus the half marathon. Any type of organized running race makes my stomach hurt. I would rather just run that far with a friend as opposed to a real race!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your list! I also love that you said they are just things you want to do in life, not necessarily a bucket list. NYC at Christmas would be amazing! And wanting to be a stay at home mom is a great goal. I am one after teaching and i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll go back to the UK with you!!! :D I've seen the outside of The Globe, but not the inside. There are SO many things I still want to see!!

    And of course you can be a stay at home mom!!! :) I never ever ever thought that's what I would be! Especially after 6 years of undergrad! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this list!!! Also, I had totally forgotten about the Something Borrowed dance, I want to learn that too!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love that you included things you've already accomplished… and yours are so great! really fun and dreamer-y :) i love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that you have the Something Borrowed dance on here...me and my best friend in college attempted that so many times :) Yay for almost being done with your Master's! Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We definitely have a similar life-goal/bucket list! I think the idea of writing your own cookbook sounds awesome...I hadn't thought of that before, but I would totally love to do that as well :)

    xoox, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your list! The Something Borrowed Dance isn't too hard - and I can't dance at all! My best friend, sister and I taught it to ourselves when the movie came out :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just received a payment for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn by taking paid surveys online...

    So I took a video of myself actually getting paid over $500 for doing paid surveys to set the record straight.

    ReplyDelete