1. Wednesday night, Dustin surprised me with a date night! He took me to my favorite Mexican restaurant, Phil Sandoval's, where I ordered the chicken fajita salad (minus the sour cream). Then we went to drive through the Galaxy of Lights at the Huntsville Botanical Gardens. I have never been and have always wanted to! It was really pretty, and I'm thankful for a husband who planned a great surprise!
2. In college, my BFF and roomie, Janie, and I always threw a Christmas cocktail. Girls wore cocktail dresses and guys wore sports coats. I MISS IT!!! I'm dying to wear a cute cocktail dress somewhere this holiday season. If I have to buy one just to wear out to eat I will. I know I'm not the only one who wishes they had somewhere to wear a beautiful dress!
I want this.
I would totally wear this to school after the party.
3. Yesterday my gorgeous mom had a birthday!! The woman doesn't age. I hope when I'm older that I not only look beautiful like her on the outside, but also have the heart of gold that she has. She radiates her love for The Lord.
4. I made this the other day. It. was. so. good. And it was healthy, too, which was the most important. I have a feeling that this may be a summer staple in our house!
5. Is it Christmas break yet???????